Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Woes...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about European Superchargers, but for US ones, the second user never steals charge from the first. The second user only gets the leftovers from the first.

That is how it used to be. However, with the new higher charge rates, switching 3 of the 12 charge units to the second pedestal can reduce the first vehicle's charge rate. They'll 'only' get 9*12kW = 108kW rate max instead of 144kW.

I had a similar situation, but with the opposite outcome, at Woodhall South on the way home from Stockport a few weeks ago.

First of all I pulled up at a non-CCS stall :oops: I quickly realised how that was going to end...

I checked where the two CCS stalls were, and moved over to them. While I was moving a Model X pulled in to one of the CCS stalls. I moved to the other.

Unfortunately the one I’d picked was broken, and by the time I figured this out the X was coupled up to the other one!

I went round to speak to the X driver, and explained he was now using my only available charger, and he immediately offered to move to one of the other stalls. A really nice guy.

This guy knew nothing about the difference between the CCS and non-CCS chargers. I think it would be a good idea for Tesla to send all owners an bulletin explaining the situation, either by email or on the car screen.
For what it’s worth Woodall has now been fully converted to 100% CCS.

I think you were just unlucky.

It takes a special kind of person to behave like that! Rest assured that every person I’ve met at a charger has been really nice and helpful!

Maybe he was having a bad day! :)

If you think that’s bad, wait until Audi get their supercharger network. (Sorry Ex Audi drivers — but you guys have a reputation)

Reactions: Gareth Davies
Ask Elon to nuke offenders from orbit :D

put them into orbit more like...

That change in charge rate when sharing a stall means you have to be on top of your alerts to avoid idle fees if you expect an hour and end up with 20 mins charging time...

wish Tesla would put stickers on CCS converted stalls so that you can see visually before you reverse in. Bit hi-tech maybe

Reactions: Rooster6655