Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wolfeboro, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger - Wolfeboro, NH
Target opening in 2018.
Can't wait...

Wolfboro NH.png

Here’s an article from January mentioning that Tesla was looking to install Superchargers at the Wolfeboro Inn. Maybe some Tesla owners could convince the owners that Superchargers would be beneficial for the hotel and Tesla drivers. Full quote below link.
https://www.unionleader.com/news/bu...cle_8ab6f645-e8b1-5ff0-b52f-38a900e40fce.html
No charge: More electric vehicle charging stations coming to a highway near you

Shelley Burch, general manager of the Wolfeboro Inn and Wolfe’s Tavern, said about five years ago, Tesla contacted the inn with an offer to install Tesla superchargers there. The inn got one dedicated Tesla charger and one universal charger out of the deal.”

Reactions: Tdreamer
The reporter calls them superchargers, but it’s clear that they are talking about destination chargers.
It is?

The entire article’s about EV charging. I doubt they botched the wording Supercharger instead of Destination charger. I think what happened is Tesla wanted Superchargers, and they reached an agreement for destination chargers instead. The Supercharger theory kinda fits for me because Tesla has Wolfeboro in the plans

It is?

The entire article’s about EV charging. I doubt they botched the wording Supercharger instead of Destination charger. I think what happened is Tesla wanted Superchargers, and they reached an agreement for destination chargers instead. The Supercharger theory kinda fits for me because Tesla has Wolfeboro in the plans

Given that it’s the Wolfeboro Inn, destination chargers make sense. One Tesla HPWC and one Clipper Creek is a common installation at similar locations (see the John Hancock Inn in Hancock, NH). Reporters often don’t have in-depth familiarity with the subjects they cover, and not getting that all Tesla chargers aren’t Superchargers wouldn't be terribly unusual.

More importantly, if they had proposed a supercharger and been turned down but the town, there would have been chatter about that in the news, etc.

Lastly, I find it hard to believe that the Inn would prefer a destination charger, as the superchargers would have meant rental income to the Inn, while the destination chargers mean two free chargers and installation. No?

Agreed that this is really about destination charging. Last week I was poking around town websites for info on upcoming super chargers and found two recent sets of notes from town meeting’s in Wolfeboro. However, both of them had a bit of miss information and neither offered any accurate info in this location actually having activity. One was a board that referred to the Destiination chargers at Wolfeboro Inn as superchargers (again) and the other seem to be a concern that Tesla had published a map which placed a supercharger at a public school and at the board would need to consider how public spaces are used etc. The latter seem to have simply overestimated how accurate Tesla‘s “planned“ supercharger stations are with regard to location.

• Informative
Reactions: RiverBrick
After seeing the construction reported in Bethel, ME yesterday I thought I'd check on Wolfeboro. Looking at town government minutes, I found this:
https://www.wolfeboronh.us/sites/wolfeboronh/files/minutes/energy_02282020_minutes.pdf and specifically, a statement that Tesla was putting a supercharger at the Wolfeboro Inn. I've reached out to the town on this and quickly got a reply from two members of the committee. The reference appears to be historical discussions between Tesla and the Wolfeboro Inn, and most likely nothing recent that would give us hope this project is on anyone's current radar screen at Tesla. Even if a supercharger there is on the horizon, they have EV charging on the town's master plan which is great step in the right direction. I also reached out to the Wolfeboro Inn as well, but have not heard back (they have not yet reopened after shutting down due to the pandemic).
upload_2020-6-20_10-44-47.png

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
After seeing the construction reported in Bethel, ME yesterday I thought I'd check on Wolfeboro. Looking at town government minutes, I found this:
https://www.wolfeboronh.us/sites/wolfeboronh/files/minutes/energy_02282020_minutes.pdf and specifically, a statement that Tesla was putting a supercharger at the Wolfeboro Inn. I've reached out to the town on this and quickly got a reply from two members of the committee. The reference appears to be historical discussions between Tesla and the Wolfeboro Inn, and most likely nothing recent that would give us hope this project is on anyone's current radar screen at Tesla. Even if a supercharger there is on the horizon, they have EV charging on the town's master plan which is great step in the right direction. I also reached out to the Wolfeboro Inn as well, but have not heard back (they have not yet reopened after shutting down due to the pandemic).
View attachment 553964
Can’t say I’m surprised. So is this pin worthy?

I wouldn’t add one if that’s the question. It does still show on Tesla’s coming soon map... but we know how useful that info is
I’m asking because I’m usually uncertain about whether to add a station or not. I’ve mistakenly added a number of stations that ended up never happening, and there is no permit available, so I’m just wondering if the community agrees or not

I’m asking because I’m usually uncertain about whether to add a station or not. I’ve mistakenly added a number of stations that ended up never happening, and there is no permit available, so I’m just wondering if the community agrees or not
Given the comments by @CarlSagan in post #11 and Tdreamer's information from the board that it appears to be a historical reference, i.e. not something they know for sure is currently moving forward, I'd say to wait until we hear something new and definitive about it actually happening before it gets added to SC.info. If the Inn ever replies and says that it's still in the works it can always be added later.

My guess here is that Tesla has moved on and chose Ashland instead. It’s a good ways away but with Rt 16 covered by Rochester, up to Conway (future) and Bethel. Having Ashland allows for folks to cut across the lakes region. Who knows, I’d love to see both but it seems unlikely.