Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodbridge, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That location is quite accessible as it's on Rte 9 Southbound, but just north of the intersections of I-95, I-287, Route 1 and the Garden State Parkway. The NJTP is the world's busiest roadway so I would think this SuperCharger site would be mobbed, especially by NYC folks heading home to Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Long Island where there are limited SuC locations. There is very limited shopping in the area so I don't think users will drift off and leave their cars connected long past fully charged.

That location is quite accessible as it's on Rte 9 Southbound, but just north of the intersections of I-95, I-287, Route 1 and the Garden State Parkway. The NJTP is the world's busiest roadway so I would think this SuperCharger site would be mobbed, especially by NYC folks heading home to Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Long Island where there are limited SuC locations. There is very limited shopping in the area so I don't think users will drift off and leave their cars connected long past fully charged.
actually that area is quite congested, a tangle of oddly laid out roads, there is a supercharger in place a few miles away at the menlo park mall. I don't get this placement.
Google Maps

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_7440.JPG
    IMG_7440.JPG
    487.3 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_7441.JPG
    IMG_7441.JPG
    513.2 KB · Views: 199
Presumably here: ALDI, 450 King Georges Rd, Woodbridge, NJ 07095

Its about as good location as you could get if you're going North from the Turnpike to the Parkway, or South from the Turnpike to the Parkway.

But I agree with @kort677 Why would you put it so close to the Edison one? The Edison one isn't ideal if you're just stopping to charge, but I'd rather have another farther north than right there. Or expand the ones on the rest stops, as only 4 stalls means they can be easily overwhelmed.

Still more superchargers is more better!

Presumably here: ALDI, 450 King Georges Rd, Woodbridge, NJ 07095

Its about as good location as you could get if you're going North from the Turnpike to the Parkway, or South from the Turnpike to the Parkway.

But I agree with @kort677 Why would you put it so close to the Edison one? The Edison one isn't ideal if you're just stopping to charge, but I'd rather have another farther north than right there. Or expand the ones on the rest stops, as only 4 stalls means they can be easily overwhelmed.

Still more superchargers is more better!

Expanding NjTP SuC would be great but you'd still have to enter/exit a toll road to use. Cheesquake service area on GSP might have better than Woodbridge. I feel this issue is perceived demand with M3 rolling out versus proximity to next SuC location. Bridgewater location will be perfect for 78/287 users.

that place is not the most accessible place for either the tpk or the parkway, especially if you're headed southbound
Southbound its only a 5 minute detour including getting off and on, that's not bad at all. Obviously traffic would make this much worse frequently, but there isn't much that can be done about that in that area.
upload_2017-10-31_14-4-58.png

actually that area is quite congested, a tangle of oddly laid out roads, there is a supercharger in place a few miles away at the menlo park mall. I don't get this placement.
Google Maps

Depending on the time of day, the menlo park SC can be an hour away. Its actually really quick on/off from NJP to NJT.Also, rt9 and 1 are near by. Plus it is very heavily traveled area. WaWa wouldn't be there otherwise.

Depending on the time of day, the menlo park SC can be an hour away. Its actually really quick on/off from NJP to NJT.Also, rt9 and 1 are near by. Plus it is very heavily traveled area. WaWa wouldn't be there otherwise.
I'm actually guessing this is related to the Wawa. I think this will be at least the 4th or 5th supercharger hosted at a Wawa, if there haven't already been more. If Tesla & Wawa made a broader deal, this could simply be the next in a long string of Wawa-hosted superchargers. It does make sense: Wawa and its competitors tend to locate themselves close to major roads and interchanges; its amenities fit well with at least some people who stop to supercharge; and unlike Menlo Park, there should be no temptation to leave the car for more than an hour.

I agree the roads around there are a completely tangled mess, and frequently congested, but I still think it might be better than trying to reach Menlo Park during the holiday shopping season -- a prospect I'm afraid I'll need to contend with this Thanksgiving if this new supercharger isn't ready yet.

Excellent location... Easy access from Southbound 9 and an alternate way of accessing Rte 287N just south of that location or GSP further south. The SCh at the Menlo Park Mall, while close, is logistically in a very different location.

Reactions: vdiv
Born and raised in North Jersey. We didn't refer to them as subs till Subway came through. Was mostly Hoagies growing up.
I'm betting you were born and raised in a Philly suburb. The word hoagie refers to hog island, where the original Navy Depot was in south Philly. Don't think that word is used in the rest of the world, and I can tell you it wasn't used in my northern NJ home town. I grew up near Woodbridge (and Edison).

And having lived in both NJ and Philly, I also agree that Wawa is a Philly area company that is spreading in all directions, including to the north, and bringing the word hoagie with them.

Reactions: preilly44