Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodbridge, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thing goes online and it goes from 8 posts a day to crickets...

How about some feedback on the location? How's the Wawa?

When I charge at Menlo, I usually fill myself with non-bio degradable french fries and nuggets..
What do you do during your time here?

When I charge at Menlo, I usually fill myself with non-bio degradable french fries and nuggets..

I find that most of these supercharger threads are usually for updates on it "opening." Once it does, the thread dies down as it no longer serves its original "purpose." This happened to our Jersey City supercharger thread, very active until it opened, then celebration, then crickets.

As for your question, the Wawa is great. I usually like their customizable sandwiches/flatbreads, there's a touch screen that allows you to customize your entire order. They have tons of options, drinks, coffee, slurpees, snacks, pre-made sandwiches/clubs, etc. Decent quality in my opinion.

I would bring a good book. Not much to do and nothing special about the Wawa. I took a walk through the Aldi. They have some food/drink choices at a much lower cost than Wawa. This location does not offer anything near what Edison does. So grab some food before you stop there or you'll be limited.

As for your question, the Wawa is great. I usually like their customizable sandwiches/flatbreads, there's a touch screen that allows you to customize your entire order. They have tons of options, drinks, coffee, slurpees, snacks, pre-made sandwiches/clubs, etc. Decent quality in my opinion.

Wawa has a pretty good phone app that allows you to order your sandwiches and food items from your phone, and then go inside to pick it up. You can purchase their gift cards on the app to pay for the items also. They also send rewards or coupons sometimes (free coffee or food coupons).

Reactions: vdiv
Battery temperature is critical to the operation and charge/discharge power limits as many new owners will be soon discovering and yet there is still no standard battery temperature readout/gauge in version 9. Why, oh why?

Reactions: Lanny
Last night I started with 190 miles of rated range in Greenwich, CT, going to Stumpy's Hatchet House in Green Brook, NJ... 72 miles. I usually shoot for about 130% rated miles over actual mileage for my round trip, and at 144 actual miles, 190 starting miles was pretty close. Good to go.

Oops.. I forgot to figure in that it was in the 30s all night. I got to Stumpy's with 83 rated miles. By the time I left four hours later, I only had 72 miles. I was planning on going to charge at Rt 17 Paramus, but I hate that location late at night (after midnight) as it's super dangerous to try and walk anywhere, and there are no facilities nearby. So the choice was Edison or Woodbridge (which I've never been to before).

Well, I really like this SC location! It's super convenient to the GSP and NJTP and the other local roads. I also love Wawa (growing up in S. Jersey, it's in the blood). I got nearly the full 120kw of charging in stall 4B, and added about 150 miles in 43 minutes. There were two other cars charging and no ICEs.

upload_2019-1-13_9-24-9.png

I frequently drive down to Cherry Hill to visit my folks, and half the time on the drive back I get off to the GSP to take the TZB instead of the GWB due to bridge traffic.. so I'll now make this my SC of choice for my return trips instead of the 4-stall chargers on the NB NJTP.

While I'm here, I think another fantastic north jersey SC location would be the Wawa off of exit 15W in Kearny. Nice sized Wawa.. a Walmart, Subway, Taco Bell right there and other stores. Even B.T. (Before Tesla) I'd stop here for fuel and food, it's a quick two minutes off the pike. I'd love to see a SC there.

While I'm here, I think another fantastic north jersey SC location would be the Wawa off of exit 15W in Kearny. Nice sized Wawa.. a Walmart, Subway, Taco Bell right there and other stores. Even B.T. (Before Tesla) I'd stop here for fuel and food, it's a quick two minutes off the pike. I'd love to see a SC there.

It will be open soon:

Supercharger - Kearny/Harrison, NJ

There's already one built at that Wawa, it just hasn't been turned on yet: Supercharger - Kearny/Harrison, NJ

edit: ninja'd by JSergeant while I was finding the appropriate link.

Stopped at this charger 2/27/20 around 7:30. Pretty disappointing. Couldn't get any of the 4 center chargers to start (or sustain a charge for more than 30 seconds) Was able to get the southernmost charger to charge my LR model 3 at around 70 kW max but dropped to around 50 kW within a few minutes.

Note there was a model X in the neighboring stall at the beginning of the charge, but there was no change in my charge rate when he left.
My battery may have been cold. It was about 35-40 Degrees out, I had driven about 75 minutes at highway speed from a cold start to get to the charger. Charged from about 25-60%

Stopped at this charger 2/27/20 around 7:30. Pretty disappointing. Couldn't get any of the 4 center chargers to start (or sustain a charge for more than 30 seconds) Was able to get the southernmost charger to charge my LR model 3 at around 70 kW max but dropped to around 50 kW within a few minutes.

Note there was a model X in the neighboring stall at the beginning of the charge, but there was no change in my charge rate when he left.
My battery may have been cold. It was about 35-40 Degrees out, I had driven about 75 minutes at highway speed from a cold start to get to the charger. Charged from about 25-60%

I had same issue. 2A & 2B, and 3A & 3B were not functioning.

Beware this location! None of the 4 middle stalls deliver any power. This used to be a good location; I mean how ideal is it to have a supermarket to shop at when supercharging? I've written this up on the Tesla Forums and have gotten crickets. There have been issues at this location for more than a year now. Best avoided!