Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodbridge, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps the Cranford NJ location (just up the GSP) with (12) 250 kw chargers will take some of the burden. It always seemed like the Woodbridge location was cursed with problems. So many time individual stalls had issues.

I do see a “new” Woodbridge NJ supercharger now posted on the Tesla find us map. It seems to indicate Q2 2022. This is in addition to the current active Woodbridge supercharger and the Q2 2022 Avenel one. Does anyone have any info on this new/coming soon second Woodbridge location?

Pictures show the coned off area of 8 superchargers at the existing south elevation of the WaWa store. New SC are being installed at the north side of same store. Unsure what the issues are/were but this location is down at the moment. First image is new chargers, bottom image is closed off existing chargers
2022-03-18_14-35-10_298.jpeg
2022-03-18_14-35-10_298.jpeg
2022-03-18_14-35-06_862.jpeg

@corywright @MarcoRP @Chuq - Sounds like the existing Woodbridge, NJ supercharger pin should be set to temporarily closed until the new set up is activated. It sounds like the old installation had been having more or less continual problems for the past 2 years, so hopefully moving them to this side of the store will fix whatever the issue has been. The Pre-assembled Supercharger Units Tesla is occassionally using now make doing such a swap easy as pie.

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright
One month later, still looks the same.

Unfortunately I didn't know this was going on and went there expecting to charge. Went over to Edison, which was full and ended up waiting >30min before even getting a spot.

Thought I'd be clever and use the EVGO chademo chargers right next to the Edison SC. They are also out of order. Ugh
I just happened to look on my Tesla map in the car, and the location seems to be back online as of 5/13/22, and it now has (12) chargers instead of the previous 8. Haven't verified it personally, but it's certainly in the map that way.

Hey, I am new to TMC, but wanted to post an update on this SC. I drove by yesterday and there are a total of 16 SC. 8 on each side of wawa. The new 8 SC are V3, however, I was not able to confirm of the origal 8 are stil V2, or also upgraded to v3.
The Menlo chargers are usually full during peak hours, unfortunately. Hopefully, having the 16 SC at woodbridge will alleviate some of the waiting.

Same as above.

Driving back from the city I had to make the tough decison of charging at the ikea SC with no bathroom or ice cold coca cola or limp down to Richard Stockton near Philly.

To my pleasant surprise as I was chilling on autopilot at a comfy 84mph at midnight on the turnpike, and making my Magellan like calculations including winds peed and direction, I saw this, a "16" in a previously familiar location that I haven't used in a while. AND BEHOLD! It was this st George st SC! I couldn't believe it as I almost stopped using it bc the 8 previous ones here were always full and many times broken.

Successful charge last night!
Brand new 8 v3s on the other side of wawa from previous. I also was too laze to swing around. But I'm assuming they are also 8 and v3.

While this location is a bit annoying as its few mins on/off hwy. The 30ft walk into wawa, with their decent 24/7 bathrooms, and their vast selection of butt enhancing supplements, as well good location off the parkway AND turnpike, makes this a key SC in the area.

Very happy.

The navigation map on a Tesla car's screen says 250 kW and 16 stations. That's different from Tesla's own web site which says 120 kW. I was just in there a few minutes ago. 8 stalls one side, 8 stalls the other,

There's a Walmart and several chain restaurants on the other side of Route 9 from the Wawa, but about a five or ten minute walk to get there.

The navigation map on a Tesla car's screen says 250 kW and 16 stations. That's different from Tesla's own web site which says 120 kW. I was just in there a few minutes ago. 8 stalls one side, 8 stalls the other,

There's a Walmart and several chain restaurants on the other side of Route 9 from the Wawa, but about a five or ten minute walk to get there.
That's weird. I "think" I saw in my tesla nav 250kw. But I do see on the website 150kw. At first I’m thinking that it wasn’t updated from the first one, but the number of stalls is 16 on the website, so that means it is updated.

I definitely do remember noticing on the stalls that the numbers went up to C and D, which is NOT consistent with the older superchargers.

Can someone just walk over to the other set of 8 and see if they have the smaller (liquid cooler) diameter cable for the charging cable? Or see if the cabinets are the tall rectangular ones with the grates on the top, or the older v2 style with the exhaust port on the side. Or just take a close up pic of either of those things and we can tell from that.

Reactions: Amacharola