Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodburn, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woodburn Construction update 2013-08-02

Stopped by Elmer's on Friday night, for dinner and picture taking of the construction progress.
Enjoy.
And thank you, Eric, for the information you're posting!

IMG_4704.JPG

IMG_4705.JPG

IMG_4706.JPG

IMG_4707.JPG

IMG_4708.JPG

So freakin cool! In March we waited for 3 hours at the Aerovironment J1772 for 60 miles in Centralia and today 30 minutes and 145 miles of range! I can't believe how fast this is all happening even though it feels so slow other times, but geez....

So freakin cool! In March we waited for 3 hours at the Aerovironment J1772 for 60 miles in Centralia and today 30 minutes and 145 miles of range! I can't believe how fast this is all happening even though it feels so slow other times, but geez....

For all the complaining about broken promises, the SC network in the northwest is coming together pretty quickly. I think it's very likely that we will be able to go from Vancouver to San Diego exclusively via SCs by the end of the year.

I was there yesterday. Site is on east end of the Elmer's/Arby's lot. Forms for concrete are in place, where the pedestals for the connectors will mount. I also saw pipes for the ground transformer. Looked like 7 lanes going in though maybe that area will be enlarged.

Except it's not off to the side and back where the charge door is located when parked nose-in. It's like the others, in front, near where the driver's headlight would be if parked nose-in, or by the passenger tail-light if backed in. Neither option amenable to plugging in.

I'd hate to think that someone forgot to look at the drawings and it's really supposed to be in the same location as in Burlington. And if that's the case, then the charger immediately next to it is also wrong, as that's in the proper location for back-in charging in that first parking spot!

They are pouring the concrete today at Woodburn! Eight lanes going in, and conduit pipe for lanes 1-7 are in place. My photo shows the guys pouring 'crete into lane #1's base. Curiously there is no pipe feeding lane 8 yet- something is probably in the way (a bush? Other utilities?). I asked a worker where they are going next but he did not know. He guessed Bend Oregon, but Tesla does not show a "dot" there. Bend would be a great location though!
ypu9ypep.jpg

This afternoon the concrete was poured at Woodburn! There are 8 lanes, though lane 8 received no concrete to the pedestal base because for some reason (a bush in the way? a utility line is blocking the path?) the conduit pipe is not yet present for that pedestal.

I tried to ask where the crew will work next but the person I spoke with did not know. He guessed Bend (Oregon), which would in fact be a very cool spot for a SC site, but the Tesla map does not show a red dot near Bend.

Progress!!!