Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Central Valley, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually I like that idea more. It's a much less crowded shopping center. Hopefully it's true. Although the more time that goes by the more I think this isn't happening. I wish there was a way to find out where the town gave the permit or who to contact to ask.

Anyone know of an update on this? It’s crazy that at the exit for one of the largest outlets in the state as well as the exit for LEGOLAND off 87 (exit 16) doesn’t have a supercharger yet.
Unfortunately it’s not crazy. Tesla doesn’t build the supercharger unless the site it builds on is willing to supplement costs on building and maintenance of the supercharger by the owners of the site. Short hills mall which has a Tesla store doesn’t offer super chargers and neither does Garden state Plaza (a huge destination mall in NJ). Even the Springfield NJ service center doesn’t offer super chargers for use except for special reasons if your car is in the facility being repaired.

I suspect that Tesla’s demands especially financially from biggest and busier places are much more than what they demand from a WaWas or smaller place. Most Simon malls I find being very barren lately.

I got these reasons from several staff at the Tesla stores at both malls.

This was posted today in a Facebook group. I would like some secondary confirmation before requesting that supercharge.info be updated. (I'm not in the area.)

EA213919-DBC9-49E7-A441-5F057A1C8866.jpeg

Good to finally have this for the Woodbury area, but not the most convenient to get to if you’re just stopping to charge and not shopping at the outlets. This parking garage is located at the furthest point of the outlet accessible from the main road, and on busier/holiday weekends, there’s usually a line of cars waiting 15+ minutes just to get into the outlet.

Central Valley, NY

Host Type: Mall
Host: Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
Along Primary Interstates: I-87N
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-6
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: NY-17

I-87N

To: Newburgh, NY - 18.4 miles
Diversion: 3.4 miles
To: New Paltz, NY - 37.2 miles

US-6

To: Yorktown Heights, NY - 21.2 miles
Diversion: 1.8 miles
To: Brewster, NY - 39.9 miles

NY-17

To: End (I-287/NJ-17 Hillburn, NY) - 16.9 miles
Diversion: 1.5 miles

A v3 on I-87N, US-6 and NY-17. NY-17 is mostly restricted highway and it is/was planned to convert it all to Interstate 86 (East), which is why I include it here.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Good to finally have this for the Woodbury area, but not the most convenient to get to if you’re just stopping to charge and not shopping at the outlets. This parking garage is located at the furthest point of the outlet accessible from the main road, and on busier/holiday weekends, there’s usually a line of cars waiting 15+ minutes just to get into the outlet.
Anyone know if these are open yet? Heading there later today.