Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodcliff Lake, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm such an old Fart I remember when Tice farm was actually......a farm, and a farm stand. Then they added the "Tice Mall" if I think they called it. It was the first Haagen Dazs I had ever been to. Personally, I preferred Van Riper's across the street.

Good luck all. I'm not surprised it's taking this long to get a meter in beaurocracy-ville!

• Informative
Reactions: AlexVCo and vdiv
Visited my sister and tried this one on the chance I'd get lucky. No power still, but otherwise complete. Great location and sorely needed. Went to the postage stamp Paramus parking lot with an unruly line of haphazardly parked cars in line. Not optimal.

20210107_143404.jpg

There is a copy of the original Woodcliff Lake Planning Board meeting to approve Tesla's request dated 1/13/20 that is posted on the web:

1 13 2020 Tesla Woodcliff lake - Woodcliff Lake, NJwww.wclnj.com › PB_Transcipt_for_Tesla_1-13-20

The town was very specific in stating that approval for the site would require landscaping so that the site would be hidden from the road (Chestnut Ridge Road). It specifically mentioned that the town wanted 5' shrubbery around the site. Though the site looks like it is ready (I drove by today), I don't see the required landscaping. It is January and they could be waiting for warmer weather to plant. Perhaps that is what is holding back the opening of this sorely needed supercharger.

The town was very specific in stating that approval for the site would require landscaping so that the site would be hidden from the road (Chestnut Ridge Road). It specifically mentioned that the town wanted 5' shrubbery around the site. Though the site looks like it is ready (I drove by today), I don't see the required landscaping. It is January and they could be waiting for warmer weather to plant. Perhaps that is what is holding back the opening of this sorely needed supercharger.
Most towns would let them open with a promise (or a bond in extreme cases) of complying with their conditions within a specified amount of time.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexVCo
Swung by today and still not up and running. What's the holdup here?

Paramus is jammed all the time and Nyack is too far....

If the message quoted below is accurate, that brings it to Feb 8ish. Shame I’ll be away until two weeks after that. But at least it should be open by the time I’m back!

Good news everyone, I work across from the supercharger. I saw workers installing the meter this week and they told me that they ran into issues with the local electricity provider but it's getting fixed, they told me it should be online in the next 4 weeks!

I haven't seen any workers since then on the site, they are probably waiting for some paperwork or something from the company as the installation seems to be finished. I will check it everyday I'm at work and as soon as it's live I'll send you guys a message

Reactions: AlexVCo