Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodcliff Lake, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by today hoping for a quick charge since this is advertised as a V3 supercharger location. I tried stalls 2B and 2D, neither gave me more than 36kW. There was another 3 and an S also charging at stalls 1B and 1D while I was there, not sure what charge rate they were getting. When I pulled up I was at 46% SoC.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexVCo
Was there yesterday and this was with a car in the space next to me

PXL_20210217_181307973.jpg

Stopped by today hoping for a quick charge since this is advertised as a V3 supercharger location. I tried stalls 2B and 2D, neither gave me more than 36kW. There was another 3 and an S also charging at stalls 1B and 1D while I was there, not sure what charge rate they were getting. When I pulled up I was at 46% SoC.

Hey I thought V3 doesn't have a or b designations since it's not shared. Is it in fact V3? Are the cords thin and it starts charging within a few seconds? Vs V2 which has thick cords and take 10seconds or so to start?

Can someone post details please.

Will be using it this summer en route to my summer home but it's a bit out of way. I want to avoid Paramus bc it is SOOO bad and the walk to bathroom and snacks at the gas station requires a walk on a bootleg shoulder.

A. Rough estimate of on/off times from gsp.
South and North.

B. Closest walk to a potty? And some snacks.

C. Is jumping onto or from rt17 quick? Hard to tell if it's a small trafficky connecting road or not.

I thought V3 doesn't have a or b designations since it's not shared.
Yes, Woodcliffe lake is a V3 location. And V3 superchargers do still have stall designations, but since each V3 cabinet connects to 4 stalls instead of 2, the designations are #A, #B, #C, #D. However, not all locations have the stickers or other markings on the charging posts that make this clear.

Will be using it this summer en route to my summer home but it's a bit out of way. I want to avoid Paramus bc it is SOOO bad and the walk to bathroom and snacks at the gas station requires a walk on a bootleg shoulder.

South and North.

maybe 3-4 minutes from GSP both South and North.

Located in an upscale strip mall (Tice Corner— apple store, Victoria’s secret, gap, etc). Panera and some chicken sandwich place are a 2 min walk through the parking lot in the same strip mall. There should be a whole foods opening shortly across the street.

C. Is jumping onto or from rt17 quick? Hard to tell if it's a small trafficky connecting road or not.

route 17 is about a 10-15 min drive.

Reactions: Cuttin
Panera Bread has a bathroom.

South and North.

771669CA-9905-441C-8580-6F2B3FFEB64F.jpeg
C5F5A80E-124F-4A8C-A62E-B3A4E80EEFC1.jpeg

Hey I thought V3 doesn't have a or b designations since it's not shared. Is it in fact V3? Are the cords thin and it starts charging within a few seconds? Vs V2 which has thick cords and take 10seconds or so to start?

Charging power is still shared on V3, the power cabinet is rated at 575kW while each of the four stalls can deliver 250kW, but not simultaneously.

Attachments

• Supercharger V3.jpg
    Supercharger V3.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 58
  • Informative
Reactions: AlexVCo
I don't think this is true. Maybe it is for this particular location but the promise of v3 was each car gets 250kw.
Most deployed sites use rev.C power cabinets as the one in the photo, we have also seen rev.F in the field, same power limit. Go and take a look yourself. (this photo courtesy of @Lanny)

Attachments

• IMG_5048.jpeg
    IMG_5048.jpeg
    761.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Stopped in at Paramus, big signs saying 8 chargers were now open at Woodcliff Lake. It's 10 minutes away and only a slight detour from where I was going, so I headed over there to give it a spin.

What a mistake. Only 4 chargers were actually active -- no signs on the broken ones of course -- and with 3 cars on units 1A-1C things settled in to a nice low 65kW and stayed there. My 10 minute detour turned into more like an extra 45.

This kind of stuff is just offensive. Why direct people to a charger they know isn't working? Some day I'll understand why Tesla goes out of its way to alienate customers as much as it can starting the minute they've bought their cars.

• Funny
Reactions: smartypnz
Stopped in at Paramus, big signs saying 8 chargers were now open at Woodcliff Lake. It's 10 minutes away and only a slight detour from where I was going, so I headed over there to give it a spin.

What a mistake. Only 4 chargers were actually active -- no signs on the broken ones of course -- and with 3 cars on units 1A-1C things settled in to a nice low 65kW and stayed there. My 10 minute detour turned into more like an extra 45.

This kind of stuff is just offensive. Why direct people to a charger they know isn't working? Some day I'll understand why Tesla goes out of its way to alienate customers as much as it can starting the minute they've bought their cars.
Tesla is aware of this and will address ASAP!

• Funny
Seems unlikely they will address it "ASAP" since that could have started by having the employees at Paramus - who were definitely there this morning - take down the "go to Woodcliff!" signs as soon as those four chargers at Woodcliff went dead...
I doubt Paramus is actively monitoring the Woodcliff superchargers. It often takes reports from owners for Tesla to know when there’s a problem.

Any update on this new location?

Are all 8 stalls working now and speeds are good?

Also can someone recommend the fastest route to and from route 17. During rush hour and not. Obviously someone local would have the best answer.

Any update on this new location?

Are all 8 stalls working now and speeds are good?

Also can someone recommend the fastest route to and from route 17. During rush hour and not. Obviously someone local would have the best answer.
All 8 stalls are operational. From 17N you can catch the Parkway North in Paramus. If you're further north on 17, you need to meander through Saddle River to Woodcliff Lake.

I prefer this location over Paramus. In fact, I usually drive right by Paramus location just to charge in Woodcliff Lake. Rarely have an issue finding a spot in WCL.