Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodstock, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been here twice in the last three days and this picture is typical. Finally I went in today and politely told the clerk at the counter and she said basically there’s nothing they can do. I suggested she would be feeling different if I blocked her gas pumps. I then witnessed TWO STAFF MEMBERS sheepishly come out with a hairnets on and quickly move their cars! Will be emailing my contacts at Tesla for sure. Terrible.
9A2A35E9-65CB-4AD2-B2C0-66523D1F652F.jpeg

I have been here twice in the last three days and this picture is typical. Finally I went in today and politely told the clerk at the counter and she said basically there’s nothing they can do. I suggested she would be feeling different if I blocked her gas pumps. I then witnessed TWO STAFF MEMBERS sheepishly come out with a hairnets on and quickly move their cars! Will be emailing my contacts at Tesla for sure. Terrible. View attachment 496417
It always amazes me how difficult it is for a human being to do an extra step. The Tesla SC is probably 1 foot closer than the regular parking...:-(

Reactions: ChargedSociety
Yes, but if the staff parks there, it tacitly encourages other ICEs to park there.
Correct. I had the same issue in Columbia SC where the chargers are behind a Hilton Garden Inn. ALWAYS ICEd. And manager there said when they were busy they "needed the spots" and that when more people are aware of EVs they will not park there. Even though both comments seem to contradict each other, I emailed Tesla and the hotel ownership group. Fixed.

I emailed my contacts at Tesla today and copied the folks who's email links were at the bottom of the Murrays Truck Stop website. As I've done in the past, I was polite, but made sure they understood this is not a "nice to have" for us owners, but a necessity. I urge all of you who use this station to also go in and report ICEing to staff. Education is the key here as for many, this is a new, bizarre thing.

I did have a nice and rather quick reply from Calvin at Murrays:

Thanks for the message. First and foremost we do not make any money of the chargers u less you buy in the store or restaurant. They were installed for Tesla owners convenience. I will address with my staff as we are doing our staff meetings in January. As parking is at a premium at my location I will do my best to ensure the charging spots are freed up at all times.
Any questions or concerns can be addressed to me at this email or call the store at 506-328-2994

Thanks
Calvin Grant

Again, education is the key and should always be in as positive a way we can muster. Change is hard!

I emailed my contacts at Tesla today and copied the folks who's email links were at the bottom of the Murrays Truck Stop website. As I've done in the past, I was polite, but made sure they understood this is not a "nice to have" for us owners, but a necessity. I urge all of you who use this station to also go in and report ICEing to staff. Education is the key here as for many, this is a new, bizarre thing.

I did have a nice and rather quick reply from Calvin at Murrays:

Thanks for the message. First and foremost we do not make any money of the chargers u less you buy in the store or restaurant. They were installed for Tesla owners convenience. I will address with my staff as we are doing our staff meetings in January. As parking is at a premium at my location I will do my best to ensure the charging spots are freed up at all times.
Any questions or concerns can be addressed to me at this email or call the store at 506-328-2994

Thanks
Calvin Grant

Again, education is the key and should always be in as positive a way we can muster. Change is hard!

Same generic response I received from him months ago when I complained. He said something would be done about it then. Hate to be a Negative Nancy but I wouldn't hold your breath. Sounds like he needs ANOTHER reminder that he is likely making more profit per EV customer than per ICE customer. Thirdly, there has always been ample parking on the opposite side of the pump, everyone should start also taking pictures of the opposing side of the parking lot when you take pictures of the ICE'd chargers.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Same generic response I received from him months ago when I complained. He said something would be done about it then. Hate to be a Negative Nancy but I wouldn't hold your breath. Sounds like he needs ANOTHER reminder that he is likely making more profit per EV customer than per ICE customer. Thirdly, there has always been ample parking on the opposite side of the pump, everyone should start also taking pictures of the opposing side of the parking lot when you take pictures of the ICE'd chargers.
Maybe send emails to some of our MLAs telling them about the new law in Ontario where fines can be levied for blocking EV chargers. I think every province needs that law on the books. It was a quick process that got support from all parties here in Ontario.

Stumbled upon this thread a couple of days ago from the new replies. Cool, I didn't know Woodstock has a supercharger. I'm pretty sure I've been to that Irving with my dad and stepmom, who live in Woodstock. If I'm thinking of the right place (on the highway....on the south end of town on your way to Fredericton??), there's a decent diner there that's appeared popular (busy the few times I've been). I have always flown cross-country to visit, but maybe next time I should do a road trip! Honestly though I think it would basically triple the amount of vacation time I'd have to use so probably not. But nice to know if I did, I could top up in town. :)

We were caught by surprise this afternoon when the Tesla nav suddenly informed us that the Woodstock Supercharger had become unavailable, when we were about 40 km away, at 20% SOC, and planning to charge there. My wife jumped on PlugShare, and quickly found the CHAdeMO station at the Petro Canada at Meductic.

We're curious why the charger went down

We were caught by surprise this afternoon when the Tesla nav suddenly informed us that the Woodstock Supercharger had become unavailable, when we were about 40 km away, at 20% SOC, and planning to charge there. My wife jumped on PlugShare, and quickly found the CHAdeMO station at the Petro Canada at Meductic.

We're curious why the charger went down

It might not have actually been down. More often than not, I've been able to charge even when a location shows as temporarily closed.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
It might not have actually been down. More often than not, I've been able to charge even when a location shows as temporarily closed.
Thanks for the info. Next time I’ll roll the dice and continue, as long as there is a viable Plan B in case it really is down. I was concerned that if the Tesla site really was down, either the CHAdeMO stalls at that location would be taken by Teslas (many carry the adapter in the Atlantic Provinces due the poor Tesla infrastructure), or they would be down too due to a local power failure

Reactions: angus[Y]oung