Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wynyard, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some more pictures of the site now that I have some more time!
2A7769D4-A1EB-4C67-B18B-E0D78DE69774.jpeg

B6B7F952-BF01-4E64-9D59-6B0CD5C2CC00.jpeg

F28BE9CD-154C-4A8A-85F5-98CD74C55AC6.jpeg

B0EBFEFB-C568-49E4-93CF-15C74904BB85.jpeg

Open for business. @Big Earl @Chuq

I'm going to wait until we get a screenshot of someone's phone app or nav screen showing it available, or until someone posts a successful charge. Forgive me for not trusting the Find Us map. :)

Reactions: PLUS EV
It didn't make sense to only add them in Wynyard... it makes for a dead-end on 16. To fully fill out 16 you'd need at least Yorkton and Russell. Maybe Neepawa. I have someone in Russell keeping an eye out for construction. There's a Co-op store planned for Russell in the near future.. maybe it'll go there.

I think Tesla's plan for the Yellowhead (Hwy 16) Supercharger route extention East of Saskatoon is to rejoin the TransCanada route at Brandon, Manitoba. Most traffic from Saskatoon to Winnipeg goes this way, sI don't think Superchargers would see much use on the Hwy 16 route north of Brandon to Portage la Prairie. The Yellowhead terminates there anyway, so you have to rejoin the TransCanada anyway to continue on to Winnipeg.

The thing is - I'd like to be able to go to the Assessippi ski area norht of Russell. Hoever, that's not really an option in winter with reduced range due to cold - or the range reduction from having the car sit outside all day before trying to go home, considering Brandon (or extending the trip a ridiculous amount to go through Whitewood from Winnipeg) is the only fast charger option.

Plugshare shows a dental center in Russell willing to share its L2 charger, generous, but that's not the best option. Russell would be a logical supercharger stop (along with Yorkton) to compelete the Yellowhead Highway route and make the ski area accessible.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger