Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wytheville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by on my way up I-81. The six new stalls here are indeed covered. Construction definitely appears complete here in wytheville.
image.jpeg

Reactions: PStewart
Now that this charger is complete and there is little construction left for the East Coast, what is everyone's guess on when they'll start closing the gaps in AL, MS, AR, MO, and KY?

There are also a few holes that still need filled along I-77 between Ohio and West Virginia. For example, I travel to Florida from Ohio at least once every other year. I usually travel the shortest route which is I-77. I would have to add quite a few hours to my trip by traveling into Pennsylvania first, or traveling southwest through Cincinatti. Charleston WV, Parkersburg, WV and Cambridge, OH (at least two of these) would permit quicker travel from Ohio to Florida.

Wytheville, VA Super harger is OPEN

In Tesla time, soon.
Hooo-RAAAH! One more SC in the constellation is open. The location shows as active on Model S' nav system and Tesla Roadside Assistance telephone helpline confirmed at 5:00 pm on 30 Dec 2015 that the site is registering 100% and we t live at 10:00 am on the 30th. Rock ON down i-8-!!! I'll charge up on 31 Dec in the early hours and post photos and personal confirmation. Thanks again Lanny for starting this thread - what's next?

Hooo-RAAAH! One more SC in the constellation is open. The location shows as active on Model S' nav system and Tesla Roadside Assistance telephone helpline confirmed at 5:00 pm on 30 Dec 2015 that the site is registering 100% and we t live at 10:00 am on the 30th. Rock ON down i-8-!!! I'll charge up on 31 Dec in the early hours and post photos and personal confirmation. Thanks again Lanny for starting this thread - what's next?
Webpage is active now, so it's official: Wytheville Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Reactions: PStewart
There are also a few holes that still need filled along I-77 between Ohio and West Virginia. For example, I travel to Florida from Ohio at least once every other year. I usually travel the shortest route which is I-77. I would have to add quite a few hours to my trip by traveling into Pennsylvania first, or traveling southwest through Cincinatti. Charleston WV, Parkersburg, WV and Cambridge, OH (at least two of these) would permit quicker travel from Ohio to Florida.

Yes, my trip- Cleveland OH to Asheville NC has this gap through WV which currently also demands that detour through PA. I hope this is addressed in future. But I must say this stretch has been constructed remarkably fast.

Life is good.

I hope Bristol Va/Tn is next.

Same, we go down to SC from Ohio and 77 is the quickest route. We need just 2 more chargers there to make it sensible. And I know that that Ohio to Florida route is hugely popular. Lots of people migrating south for winter and back again. In fact, I know several people that wouldnt consider a Tesla unless that 77 route was available to them.

BTW Mr Columbus, when are we getting lunch?