Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yakima, WA

Raleel

Sep 3, 2019
Richland, wa
Pull through is my major concern. There are a real dearth of those. Come to think of it, I think the only place that I've seen with any reasonable number was on the oregon coast in one location.

Reactions: bruce4000

floatplane

Aug 4, 2019
Kirkland WA
You won’t need side mirrors on a Cybertruck. They are so tough, that you can change lanes without looking. Anything in your way (cars etc.) will just bounce off and not even leave a scratch.

It’ll be like Hummer drivers in the 90s and 00s, remember how rude they could be just because they could? I wonder what happened to those people...

Moorebid

Aug 19, 2017
Portland, OR
I wonder what happened to those people...
Do you though?

a2cf3e995e752c58-islamic-state-of-iraq-and-syria-tumblr.gif

Jan 15, 2021
Yakima
that's gotta be close, right?
Not sure what’s going on with electrical hookup, and whether underground lines need to be in place because there are flags and spray paint lines on the grass where the pipes are shown in picture. The overall structure on outside looks almost ready...no activity this AM, but will drive by each day for any activity going forward.

Jan 15, 2021
Yakima
Yes....I heard last month when you see green “boxes”(where you see the pipes in today’s picture...there is a foundation already in place) that’s an indication that’s almost ready, if not already open...(so maybe that’s what is meant by transformers?) but I am far from being anywhere close to being an expert

Kuhz

Oct 25, 2017
Mars
Yes....I heard last month when you see green “boxes”(where you see the pipes in today’s picture...there is a foundation already in place) that’s an indication that’s almost ready, if not already open...(so maybe that’s what is meant by transformers?) but I am far from being anywhere close to being an expert
You are correct

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
what's in those big white boxes?
The two identical ones are supercharger cabinets. They power 4 stalls each so that's why there are 2 for 8 stalls. The other one is the switchgear. The transformer will be a large green metal box. It will be placed on the concrete pad which in this case, appears to be located in a heretofore parking space next to the stall on the end. It's kind of a strange location tbh.

• Informative
Reactions: Raleel
Jan 15, 2021
Yakima
The two identical ones are supercharger cabinets. They power 4 stalls each so that's why there are 2 for 8 stalls. The other one is the switchgear. The transformer will be a large green metal box. It will be placed on the concrete pad which in this case, appears to be located in a heretofore parking space next to the stall on the end. It's kind of a strange location tbh.

Jan 15, 2021
Yakima
Talking to one of the workers last week the underground boring equipment broke down. It’s like “cement”...maybe landfill area of Boise-Cascade? years ago...so there was a problem getting a line to the road for public utilities. Only speculation

• Informative
Reactions: otter

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC