TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Yamachiche, QC

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by Mr. PlugShare, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

#1 Mr. PlugShare, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    A new update from @Matthy. A new Supercharger coming soon (permit) in Yamachiche Quebec! @BlueShift 6D602467-DBFA-4616-9AC0-9D73F9445A0E.jpeg
    The Supercharger will be located at La Porte de la Mauricie PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You where there already is L3 and L2 Circuit Électrique chargers. I’ve made this into a different thread because I don’t feel that Yamachiche is really Trois-Rivières.

• Informative x 2
  2. Mr. PlugShare

Key question. How many stalls?

3. Michelx

Michelx Member

I believe 8 stalls

4. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

This seems low. If it's really the case then I guess another one will still be build at Trois-Rivieres.

5. Matthy

Matthy Member

So I can confirm it will be 10 stalls. I'll have other great news coming in the next few weeks... It's about to get really busy in the north east!

Also, building will start within 2 weeks.

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. guillaumef

guillaumef Member

You'll have more great news in the next few weeks : is it that you won't tell us and we need to get the info with the help of a little torture ? ;)

7. Michelx

Michelx Member

I clicked on the blue dot on supercharge.info and then on details and it says 8 stalls

8. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

8 stalls is the default setting on supercharge.info. So that could just mean that they don't have the stall info yet.

• Like x 2
  9. Mr. PlugShare

Well @BlueShift, correction, it’s 10

10. pbrulott

pbrulott Member

Finally a SC in Quebec that will be in a decent spot with 24/7 services. No back of a grocery store with hundreds of meters from the first services, no underground parking or far away from highway. Thanks for the news Matty.

• Like x 1
  11. Michelx

Michelx Member

Ok thank you PLUS EV

• Like x 1
  12. Matthy

Matthy Member

I always want to make sure my info is precise, true and factual... Until it's a done deal, I'm keeping my mouth shut!

• Like x 5
  13. guillaumef

guillaumef Member

How do you have access to such quality info? You work at Tesla? Or you are a contractor?

• Like x 1
  14. GoodCheer

GoodCheer Member

Given the location, it seems quite plausible that this site will take the place of both Trois Revieres and Bertheirville.
    150 km to Quebec is a bit long, but not exceptional.

The planning map still shows those two, but not this one. Don't know quite what to make of that, other than that that map is not a high priority within the company.
    I'll be happy to be wrong.

15. Mr. PlugShare

I hope you know that they are not specific placeholders. They probably just didn’t find any takers in 3R

16. GoodCheer

GoodCheer Member

Yes, I know.
    Whether they couldn't find a taker in 3R or they are intentionally 'de-densifying' SCs in that part of QC, I fear the effect will likely be the same; they're unlikely to go forward with either 3R or Berthierville, since they are only 20k and 30k away, respectively.

17. Mr. PlugShare

Or maybe someone at la porte de la Mauricie offered more to have his Supercharger located there. Like in mascouche

18. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

The rumoured target in 3R is in the Cap-de-la-Madeleine sector, 34 km from Yamachiche. I could see both sites being built in the next year. Compare to only 17 km between Cote Vertu and Pointe-Claire.

Berthierville says 2019, so I figure it's no use speculating until 2020 (3R was once listed as coming in 2017, so it's fair game now).

• Informative x 1
  19. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

No stalling now, are you sure? LOL!

20. Mr. PlugShare

It is now, almost 2 weeks. Any construction yet? Also, a new permit somewhere in the north?