Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yemassee, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting here just waiting on a useable Columbia supercharger on I-26. Ridiculous Tesla can't put SC's where they are obviously needed. They need to do better on the SC network and keep up with the amount of cars they are churning out every quarter now.
I understand your frustration, I’ve been there but it might help if South Carolina was not so anti-Tesla and allowed Sales/Service Centers.

• Disagree
Reactions: GaryW and jsight
Stopped by this morning to confirm and locate. This is an 8 stall location and seems to be very close to completion, with pavement markings already done. It’s in the back of the Wendy’s parking lot on the NE corner of I-95 and US 17. @Chuq please add to Superchargers.info
This looks like one of the prefab installations. Anyone know if it came mounted on a slab on a truck?

Reactions: jsight
I agree but that’s a separate argument and discussion from building new superchargers. No one is stopping Tesla from putting them in.
You clearly have not paid any attention to the local permitting process that takes place for EVERY installation. I’m also guessing you have no engineering or production expertise. These installs do not just appear out of thin air.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jeremy3292
You clearly have not paid any attention to the local permitting process that takes place for EVERY installation. I’m also guessing you have no engineering or production expertise. These installs do not just appear out of thin air.

I'm not sure what your point is here or how it is relevant to superchargers on I-26. We have 9 locations in South Carolina, with at least 1 more (this one) under construction. Of the most recently completed, 3 were constructed in the last 12 months (Fair Play, North Charleston, and Hilton Head), and a fourth was just about 14 months ago. Zero are on I-26.

IMO, the best thing that could be done to help EV charging deployments is to work on permitting and regulatory reform.

However, unless there is something unique to I-26 that is causing it to be harder, its hard for me to see how permitting and red tape are the things that make them pick I-95, I-85, I-77, and I-20 in South Carolina over I-26.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
So your contention is Richland County or Lexington County is preventing them from installing one on I-26 near Columbia?

You don't live in South Carolina and obviously don't have a clue about state or local politics. I'll be happy to listen to your thoughts on permitting and installation in Sarasota County and South Florida where you live. I'm sure you would have a lot more info than I would since you live there.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what your point is here or how it is relevant to superchargers on I-26. We have 9 locations in South Carolina, with at least 1 more (this one) under construction. Of the most recently completed, 3 were constructed in the last 12 months (Fair Play, North Charleston, and Hilton Head), and a fourth was just about 14 months ago. Zero are on I-26.

IMO, the best thing that could be done to help EV charging deployments is to work on permitting and regulatory reform.

However, unless there is something unique to I-26 that is causing it to be harder, its hard for me to see how permitting and red tape are the things that make them pick I-95, I-85, I-77, and I-20 in South Carolina over I-26.
Exactly. It is likely an issue trying to find a good site host right off I-26 or I-20, especially with all the road construction going on there. It is highly unlikely the county governments are blocking permit requests. I imagine by the end of this year a new site near I-26 in Columbia will pop up on the map as Tesla was taking applications on their website not long ago. The Columbia Tesla Owners Group on Facebook was also discussing it and attempting to send in requests and spread the word to local businesses.

Completely agree with someone’s post regarding I-26. Traveling from Greenville to I-95 only Columbia along the way and even that charger is out of the way. I-26 is literally deemed the Alternative Fuel Corridor in SC and yet there is a dearth of Superchargers.
Yeah, those signs are pretty ridiculous. There are no CCS stations between the east side of Columbia and Charleston on that route as well, afaik. Its really a no-alternative-fuels corridor.

Reactions: PStewart
I am heeding all y'alls warning about the Columbia SC. I'll be headed to Myrtle Beach end of September via FL and then back home to the desert SW on I 20 for the first leg in October. Planning to skip the Columbia SC with a stop at Florence SC and then on to Augusta SC. Thanks for the heads up.
Should be plenty of SC available in Florence and then there’s two SC options in Augusta so you should be fine skipping Columbia.

Looks like it’s ready. I’m heading over to check it out. Road tripping from Florida to Virginia and it popped up. No reviews or plug share info yet. So I played it safe stopping at hardeeville for a few.

AM-JKLVB4SMnCy4Fd8nhwPHftf1Y7trUf9YwVHxo1zF1jXSaBrcxRu0aH8aV16So4Wtz58SR5O4m1A-VqdUysiLQl6buICouNo0Y5Td71HAfCtmYbbfbMas3cFxL8JIsF1qJZ_EqZns0UB0Uzph7-tfa452Uew=w1125-h1500-no