Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yemassee, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by today and the chargers looked nice. Directly off the highway which was great. While there I attempted to use the restroom at Wendy’s but the dinning room was closed at ~10:30am. Not sure if that is a COVID thing or just based on the time. The drive through was open. Ended up using the bathroom in the gas station which is right next door. Can’t say it was fabulous but it was functional. Overall the area is nicer than the new St. George location but still lacks in amenity choices.

0D7FD9C1-4910-45DC-926E-B568C001ED4D.jpeg

Stopped by today and the chargers looked nice. Directly off the highway which was great. While there I attempted to use the restroom at Wendy’s but the dinning room was closed at ~10:30am. Not sure if that is a COVID thing or just based on the time. The drive through was open. Ended up using the bathroom in the gas station which is right next door. Can’t say it was fabulous but it was functional. Overall the area is nicer than the new St. George location but still lacks in amenity choices.

View attachment 702240
Welcome to the Pee Dee region of SC. There ant much until you get to the coast lol.

• Funny
Reactions: CHGolferJim
I think this area is a little south of the pee dee, but your point is still true. :)
I figured I would have a fellow South Carolinian on here correct me after I posted as it is technically the Low Country but I felt the Pee Dee region descriptor was more apt for this location and St George. Hopefully no one from the Pee Dee gets on here and gets offended! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: jrreno and jsight
2B Not operating today.
2D flying.
Much better than Brunswick today which although is v3 often has units that deliver less than optimally rated (it took 3 today to find one that worked well)
Last time I was through here, I used Kingsland. For a V2 I was surprised at both how fast it was and how busy the station was. It seems like people prefer it over Brunswick, as I almost never see anyone else there.

Reactions: X Fan
Last time I was through here, I used Kingsland. For a V2 I was surprised at both how fast it was and how busy the station was. It seems like people prefer it over Brunswick, as I almost never see anyone else there.
haven’t been to kingsland in years but back in the day we would typically eat there and sit on the benches when visiting. Nice safe station.

Last time I was at Brunswick, I learned an interesting trick from a guy passing through who suddenly had dysfunctional S door handles. Can’t find the photo at the moment, but it involves looping duct tape through behind the door handle with both ends protruding and doubled back over so the handle can be opened by pulling on the tape.

Reactions: jsight
Love this SC. Previously had to stop at Savannah Airport and limp into Charleston. Now I top off at this SC before heading into Mount Pleasant, north of Charleston. Free Level 2 chargers in Mount Pleasant, try Town Center Shopping Center, so able to navigate around while in town. Tesla gets it done instead of talking about it.