Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yermo, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2017, 18 V2 Stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't remember this here the LAST time I was thru

C47844CD-881B-4730-BDA3-BA5081F663D4_1_105_c.jpeg

Maybe just for the holidays? Doesn't seem like it would add a LOT of capacity, and the Superchargers app has a photo someone took on the 5th.

Last edited:
Charged here yesterday coming back from Utah. 20 chargers full, 2 not working well, and a line of 12 Teslas waiting. 😬. Vegas traffic...
I saw someone post a video on Twitter yesterday that eventually go Elon's attention. Hopefully this large Barstow site gets energized soon and can relieve some congestion. This was a typical weekend as far as I am aware so lines like this really make me worried as the summer begins.

Reactions: smilepak
  • Informative
Reactions: AMPd
Charged here yesterday coming back from Utah. 20 chargers full, 2 not working well, and a line of 12 Teslas waiting. 😬. Vegas traffic...
Sunday traffic coming out of Vegas has been bad for decades, and this was the Sunday of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament which is the 2nd busiest weekend in Vegas after the Super Bowl.

So no sympathy for any of you unless the 40 stalls at Baker were also full and had a long line :)

Sunday traffic coming out of Vegas has been bad for decades, and this was the Sunday of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament which is the 2nd busiest weekend in Vegas after the Super Bowl.

So no sympathy for any of you unless the 40 stalls at Baker were also full and had a long line :)

i just saw this reply...

oh you want to see baker that same day? :) all 40 chargers full and at least 10-12 waiting. o_O

even more confusing there as there are several aisles, so at least 3 lines forming and people driving all over the damned place

Attachments

• 2022-03-20 12.59.39.jpg
    2022-03-20 12.59.39.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 2022-03-20 13.01.52.jpg
    2022-03-20 13.01.52.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 88
i just saw this reply...

oh you want to see baker that same day? :) all 40 chargers full and at least 10-12 waiting. o_O

even more confusing there as there are several aisles, so at least 3 lines forming and people driving all over the damned place
Meh. I wouldn't exactly call that a long line. It's like a 10 minute wait. Good thing they're adding 69 more stalls there soon. Wouldn't want anyone to have to wait 10 minutes again!

Seems like the 4-5 chargers farthest away when pulling in are only charging at ~70 kw. Pulled in late at night with only few cars around and tried three chargers before finally getting one that could do full power. If I had to guess they are using some of the power for those far chargers for the new 72kw chargers?

PXL_20220624_071741035.jpg

Reactions: smilepak
They've been there at least 6+ months and are even in the Nav as it shows 22 stalls (instead of just the permanent 18). But they do seem kind of temporary-ish since they're so movable. They're kind of similar to that 4 stall thing in Barstow and a little bit longer lasting than the trailer ones in Baker. At this point, I think they'll leave them there for a while since they've been around for so long, maybe until some of the expansions come online.

They've been there at least 6+ months and are even in the Nav as it shows 22 stalls (instead of just the permanent 18). But they do seem kind of temporary-ish since they're so movable. They're kind of similar to that 4 stall thing in Barstow and a little bit longer lasting than the trailer ones in Baker. At this point, I think they'll leave them there for a while since they've been around for so long, maybe until some of the expansions come online.

That said - I think Tesla is starting to deploy more "plugs" but not necessarily increasing available power at the station. Is it coincidence that 4x chargers at the far end are charging at ~half power and there are 4x new urban chargers? 🤔

Watch that charging rate when you plug in!

That said - I think Tesla is starting to deploy more "plugs" but not necessarily increasing available power at the station. Is it coincidence that 4x chargers at the far end are charging at ~half power and there are 4x new urban chargers? 🤔

Watch that charging rate when you plug in!
Yeah I actually think it's a good strategy at least in the medium term, before the huge Baker/Primm expansions come. There doesn't appear to be a lot of real estate left in that Yermo area for a huge expansion (28+ V3s) and possibly max power problems with sharing the space with EddieWorld. These are V2 150s so the max power isn't super high anyway during peak travel times. This I-15 corridor just gets hammered on weekends. More plugs at 70kw will get more total cars charged over fewer plugs at 150kw max, with maybe less than half the time above 70 anyway especially after pairing. Of course, for you, during empty times, at least they leave a few stalls with full power, which is good info to know.