Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yermo, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2017, 18 V2 Stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging a bit slow here

Attachments

• B7F88842-580E-4E40-869C-A202F211C363.jpeg
    B7F88842-580E-4E40-869C-A202F211C363.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 97E32D85-107C-4FFB-AC2A-BD5C1542D4CD.jpeg
    97E32D85-107C-4FFB-AC2A-BD5C1542D4CD.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 1C8EF7A8-51FB-4973-995C-D6065A13F878.jpeg
    1C8EF7A8-51FB-4973-995C-D6065A13F878.jpeg
    526.3 KB · Views: 101
  • A7339F22-3C2D-4BE8-BEAD-CB225831B6A0.jpeg
    A7339F22-3C2D-4BE8-BEAD-CB225831B6A0.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 3D7AB40F-C53B-48B4-AD2B-4B56A29F8D06.jpeg
    3D7AB40F-C53B-48B4-AD2B-4B56A29F8D06.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 0B90110D-2C41-4543-BB06-00AD5E970C2E.png
    0B90110D-2C41-4543-BB06-00AD5E970C2E.png
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 110
Planning a trip to the desert and can choose between Yermo or Barstow for a charging stop. Opinions? Traveling with the wife and two tween kids. Seems like Yermo/Eddie World is the obvious choice but I've never been to either and looking for some first hand experience.

Planning a trip to the desert and can choose between Yermo or Barstow for a charging stop. Opinions? Traveling with the wife and two tween kids. Seems like Yermo/Eddie World is the obvious choice but I've never been to either and looking for some first hand experience.

Now that Yermo is open, I avoid Barstow like the plague.

Eddie’s World is a trip, no pun intended - especially if you’re traveling with family.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and ucmndd
Eddieword is a huge candy store that also has food. We have stopped twice, and the food was poor. We decided not to return. We will only go to Barstow going forward.

I’ve been to both and both are good for ones needs
Yermo is great when you’re just trying to get a charge/snack/use a clean restroom

Barstow however was nice for dinner, we went to Chili’s and had a relaxing dinner while the car charged.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX

Barstow has more food options, but there it can take a few minutes to walk to them because the charger's not really near anything. Your car may be done charging before you've had a chance to finish your food and walk back. There's also greater chance of getting ICE'd since the charger's in a parking lot next to Chili's and a hotel. It's probably less crowded here now that there's a charger in Yermo so less of a chance but still possible.

Eddie World is definitely a candy store with a small food court. The build-your-own pizza is like others and are actually very good. They claim their pizza ovens are from Italy. The last time I was there, the worker "domed" the pizza (lifting up in the oven for a few seconds to where it's hottest to get more crisp.) I was pretty impressed. No chance of getting ICE'd since there's plenty of parking and no one stays too long anyway.

Going to be making the trek from SD to Vegas in my Model 3 for the first time... can’t contain my excitement!

Planning to stop at the Yermo SC so that we can check out Eddie World as well.

How busy does this location get? I wouldn’t mind stopping at the Baker location as a backup but would love to at least stop at Yermo either on the way there or back home. Just curious since this stop seems like the ideal one between Barstow, Baker, Yermo, and Primm (usually only make 1 stop in Barstow with our ICE and power through the rest of the way)

For what it’s worth we usually leave super early so I’d be getting here around 6 or 7am. Thanks!

You better check to see if Eddie's World is open during your anticipated arrival time. They are not open 24 hours to the best of my knowledge.

Yermo has eighteen stations, and will likely be deserted. Interstate 15 does not get that much traffic outside of the usual seasonal holiday traffic so as to make charging an issue with Barstow, Baker, and Primm in addition to Yermo along the highway.

You better check to see if Eddie's World is open during your anticipated arrival time. They are not open 24 hours to the best of my knowledge.

Yermo has eighteen stations, and will likely be deserted. Interstate 15 does not get that much traffic outside of the usual seasonal holiday traffic so as to make charging an issue with Barstow, Baker, and Primm in addition to Yermo along the highway.
I found this information:

“Eddie World is located at 36017 Calico Road Yermo and is open seven days a week, 6 a.m. to midnight. The restaurants, popcorn and ice cream parlour are open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. with Peet’s Coffee open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. To stay up to date on Eddie World visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/EddieWorld

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX