Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yermo, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2017, 18 V2 Stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Yermo location is far preferable to Baker because of the extremely clean restrooms at Eddie World. The ones at Baker are apparently quite bad.

I am definitely one for clean restrooms. It’s because of the fact that the Yermo location is far superior in terms of amenities that I was curious how busy it could get on the weekends. Seems like almost everyone prefers Yermo over Baker

I am definitely one for clean restrooms. It’s because of the fact that the Yermo location is far superior in terms of amenities that I was curious how busy it could get on the weekends. Seems like almost everyone prefers Yermo over Baker
The few times I’ve been there on the weekends it was pretty busy. But that was in the afternoon time, I’m sure morning aren’t as busy.

Been to both Yermo, and Baker, several times. Yermo seems to get about half full with regularity. The bathrooms are cool with handle condoms on the stalls and video games at the urinal. Baker has a nightmare bathroom, I can also attest, but there always seems to be about 38 free charging stalls.

Been to both Yermo, and Baker, several times. Yermo seems to get about half full with regularity. The bathrooms are cool with handle condoms on the stalls and video games at the urinal. Baker has a nightmare bathroom, I can also attest, but there always seems to be about 38 free charging stalls.
Baker has a 40-stall supercharger and a 2-stall bathroom.

Yermo has an 18-stall supercharger and a 40-stall bathroom... and handle condoms :)

• Funny
Reactions: K3Man
It will be a ghost town at 6:30am. I think you might be overplanning for this one :)

Many of the fun lunch and snack options will be closed at that hour, but you probably aren't looking for pizza or ice cream at 6:30am anyway. Peet's being open is a big plus. It's far better than anything you would find at the gas station in Baker. And if you do desire gas station food, Eddie World has that as well!

Baker has a 40-stall supercharger and a 2-stall bathroom.

Yermo has an 18-stall supercharger and a 40-stall bathroom... and handle condoms :)

Public restrooms typically don’t gross me out too badly because I can get in and out real quick, but I know my better half is a stickler for clean restrooms!

It will be a ghost town at 6:30am. I think you might be overplanning for this one :)

Many of the fun lunch and snack options will be closed at that hour, but you probably aren't looking for pizza or ice cream at 6:30am anyway. Peet's being open is a big plus. It's far better than anything you would find at the gas station in Baker. And if you do desire gas station food, Eddie World has that as well!

Haha you’re probably right about me over-planning. I think I was more curious on how busy it could get seeing as it’s clearly the best option on the California side of the border on the way to Vegas. And seeing how dead Baker is, I figured everyone would be lining up at Yermo.

Fair point about the food! We prep breakfast tacos the night before whenever we drive to Vegas and really end up stopping for restroom/stretching. Don’t mind Peet’s so that’ll be a huge plus

Public restrooms typically don’t gross me out too badly because I can get in and out real quick, but I know my better half is a stickler for clean restrooms!

Haha you’re probably right about me over-planning. I think I was more curious on how busy it could get seeing as it’s clearly the best option on the California side of the border on the way to Vegas. And seeing how dead Baker is, I figured everyone would be lining up at Yermo.

Fair point about the food! We prep breakfast tacos the night before whenever we drive to Vegas and really end up stopping for restroom/stretching. Don’t mind Peet’s so that’ll be a huge plus
I did a road trip to Utah last June and specifically planned to stop in Yermo because of Eddie World. The only issue was getting supercharged faster than I expected and having to rush through lunch. It was a Saturday around 11:30 a.m. and there were only 5 or 6 other cars charging. Since then there are two additional superchargers in Las Vegas so you’ll be in good shape there.

Back on the road but stopped by here to charge on the way from San Diego to Las Vegas. There was only 1 other car there at 7am.

Super fast and great amenities with Eddie World right there! We grabbed coffees and used the clean restrooms. Definitely recommend everyone to stop here if you haven’t yet.
Yermo is the best, even if the all the superchargers were occupied I’d stop here for the food and restrooms. Baker is just up the road so you’d be covered. BTW, if you don’t already know, there are new V3 chargers at the Linq in Las Vegas.

Reactions: SDRetrievers
Yermo is the best, even if the all the superchargers were occupied I’d stop here for the food and restrooms. Baker is just up the road so you’d be covered. BTW, if you don’t already know, there are new V3 chargers at the Linq in Las Vegas.

Yup that is actually the next stop! Can’t wait to see the speed there. We’re staying on the strip so it’ll be super convenient

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Looks like it is time for more Superchargers in Yermo. Sunday at 2PM, Dec 22nd.

One broken Supercharger out of 18.

Probably some V3s would be good. This place markets itself as the best stop on I-15, so it needs more chargers - probably 2-3x as much throughout would be required to meet needs for the next year or two.

10 minute wait or so with a turgid bladder. Highly unpleasant. The queue spilled out onto the road behind me, and I simply counted myself lucky that nothing spilled out onto the car seat while I waited to plug in.

Could have made it to Baker (had a tailwind from San Diego), but for some reason that location is not popular (appeared to be less than half full). And I had to stop for biological reasons, so Yermo was it.

The Yermo Fire Impossible burger was excellent and compensated for the very non-optimal charging situation, with which my wife was not impressed. In the end the car was full enough before we were done, so really we only wasted those 10 minutes in line.

The people with ICE vehicles were highly amused as far as I could tell!

86C846F0-A5E9-4706-B7AB-50D22A424909.jpeg

Last edited:
Why would people line up at yermo when there is Barstow and Baker.

I think I explained my situation. Also note that sometimes it would not be possible to make it to Baker. I had a strong tailwind and would have made it to Baker with 11%. Barstow was full too.

Days like this would be an exception.

The scary thing is that it was not even that busy a traffic day! I think perhaps there was a lot of return traffic from Vegas but not sure. It wasn’t an especially busy Vegas weekend!

Days like this will become a lot more common based on all the Model 3s there.

Expanding superchargers is like building power plants. People only care about peak times. Is it really worth it for Tesla to spend the money to expand a Supercharger for that 1 day a year when there is a line if the other 364 days a year the stalls are mostly empty?

I sure hope so! Otherwise electric cars are not going to be successful as replacement transportation!