Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yermo, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2017, 18 V2 Stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SB on the 215

Generally always avoid I-15 but good to know about those options.

I was confusing the SB supercharger with the Riverside one (which is too inconvenient to be worth stopping for). So the SB one is a quick easy off - never been there - which would make the most sense for stopping of this sort.

That being said I think these were pretty busy if not full on my way up. There’s a mall there and it was December 22nd...

Moderator note: please stay on topic, which is the Yermo Supercharger. If you want to discuss charging techniques and strategy during trips there are other forums on TMC to start a thread about that. Thank you.

I was discussing specific alternatives to Yermo Supercharger here, which seems relevant to the Yermo Supercharger for someone who comes here looking for info about the Yermo Supercharger. The post a couple above is something I would have liked to have known prior to starting my recent trip.

Generally always avoid I-15 but good to know about those options.

I was confusing the SB supercharger with the Riverside one (which is too inconvenient to be worth stopping for). So the SB one is a quick easy off - never been there - which would make the most sense for stopping of this sort.

That being said I think these were pretty busy if not full on my way up. There’s a mall there and it was December 22nd...

ah, yeah, riverside is way out of the way for this trip (the only way it'd be an option is if somehow traffic took you up the 15 to the 91 over to the 215).

as for SB, there is a mall there, but the charger is way off to the side and out of the way. it's on the side of the parking garage (similar to fashion valley), not likely to be ICEd, if that's what worries you. also, i believe SB is an urban SC so it'll be a bit slower. elsinore and menifee definitely are the regular ones, and i believe corona, rancho and fontana are regular SC as well.

Moderator note: please stay on topic, which is the Yermo Supercharger. If you want to discuss charging techniques and strategy during trips there are other forums on TMC to start a thread about that. Thank you.

i agree with @AlanSubie4Life, this discussion is entirely valid and on topic to yermo. anyone making this specific trip and looking at this thread can most certainly use this information.

Fontana is a 72kW urban style charger. But is is fairly convenient to the interstate.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread about Yermo.

BTW, as you commented earlier, those other Superchargers in the desert may well take some pressure off of Yermo but I got the general sense that the traffic was dominated by Vegas traffic. I guess Hesperia would help, as it might barely put Vegas in range, though it would require a long charge. 1500 feet downhill though which helps!

My wife and I dropped into Yermo SuC for the first time on Monday 12/23 at around 7:30am. The trip-planner said there were 16 of 18 stalls available over the course of 45 minutes, but we were the only ones there. Was happy to see our 2013 MS85 hitting a charge speed of 127kW (though briefly). We feel in love with Eddie World and felt like this should be the model for the modern roadstop. We visited each aisle of offerings and chatted with a few workers to get the skinny. We bought some really good apple chips and had plenty of charge to make it to Baker.

Xmas day was a disaster of sorts for us. We had a fully packed car with 4 adults, a child seat, and luggage to fill the trunk. We left the valet with a complete flat tire (inner sidewall damage). Got about 30ft onto the Las Vegas Strip and realized something was very wrong with the suspension; felt like zero dampening on the right rear corner. Roadside was wonderful even with minimized service on Xmas. 60 minutes later we had a loaner wheel/tire with arrangements to drop it off at my local service center in Ca. This held us back about 75 minutes causing us to deal with extra traffic. Getting to Yermo was a godsend.

We pulled up and were the 1st car in queue and had to wait 5 seconds for an available stall. Came in 18% SOC and hit 103kW (guess the car next to us was pretty much done). My wife bought 5 bags of apple chips this time, my niece loaded up on goodies/tissues/stuffed animal, and we all enjoyed delicious Impossible burgers, pizza, and ice cream. My bother and I played the urinal game and described the experience to our wives.

Since there were 4 stalls available I decided to keep charging to 90%, giving us plenty of headroom to make it all the way home to Cerritos for Xmas dinner then back to Newport Beach. Got home with 8% SOC and a lot of good memories on what started as a crappy day. My first flat tire in 24 years. Thanks Yermo/Tesla/Eddie World!

Maintenance in progress yesterday. Other than the 5 stalls blocked with cones in this pic, the others appeared operational. Started charging at just under 150 kW when we arrived.

IMG_3206.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Wow it’s packed already? I drove to it a few times in 2019 and early 2020 it was ok.
Depends on your travel time. If you're going when a lot of other people are going to or returning from Vegas, you'll likely find it full. I've been there several times; 3 out of 4 times it has had plenty of capacity; all fairly predictable.

Reactions: smilepak