Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yermo, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2017, 18 V2 Stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found the permit for a whopper of a supercharger when searching San Bernardino County building permits:

Yermo Building Permit.jpg

Eddie World, which has a site at the Tesla superchargers in Beatty NV, is building a new location at 36023 Calico Road, Yermo CA 92398 that shows great confidence in the economic benefits of a supercharger station. It is expected to open this summer.

I zoomed in on google maps and it looks like an empty lot currently. It's just south of I-15 at Exit 194. So I guess they are indeed building a new Eddie World. I definitely don't recall seeing another Eddie World other than the one in Beatty so I guess they are expanding for the first time.

I was kind of hoping for some type of post-apocalyptic supercharger at the ruins of Lake Dolores Waterpark, but I guess this will have to do :)

• Funny
Reactions: rpez021 and Mark Z
From EddieWorld - Yermo l Food, Drinks, Gas & the Cleanest Restrooms

IMG-ai.jpg

EddieWorld,

Food, Drinks, Gas & the Cleanest Restrooms
Eddie World will be opening this summer in Yermo at the Calico off ramp.

Our beautiful 26,000 sq. foot store is designed to provide you an immaculate clean restroom experience every time you visit us. We are dedicated to clean bathrooms, it is our passion, period.

From Pizza, Poke, Natural fresh-made sandwiches and salads you are assured a guilt free dining experience. Did I mention guilt, we also have the largest selection of candy in California. With our homemade Ice Cream, Carmel corn, Carmel apples there is plenty of guilt available if you're interested.

Your pet will also find relief in our fenced pet facilities directly behind our store. Our quality dining experience will offer convenient takeout and indoor plus patio seating for you and your pet.

As dog owners we have designed our store to assure you and your pet a welcome home during the hot summer months.

On your next drive between Los Angeles and Las Vegas please give us a chance to share our dream with you.

Alex and Ed

From facebook page: Eddie World - Yermo, CA

Construction is already well under way, and we anticipate opening in July/August of 2017. Last month Eddie World partnered with Tesla motors, who have already committed to installing 18 supercharger stations in our parking lot, making Eddie World their largest charging station between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Yermo, CA

Interstates: I-15*
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): none

I-15
To: Primm, NV - 102 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Las Vegas, NV** - 146 miles

To: Beatty, NV (I-15,CA-127/NV-373,US-95) - 189 miles
To: Kingman, AZ (I-15,local,NV-164,US-95,NV-163,AZ-68,US-93) - 193 miles
To: Needles, CA (I-15,local,CA-66,I-40) - 136 miles
To: Twentynine Palms, CA (I-15,CA-247,CA-62) - 110 miles

This 18-stall site will definitely not be a children's toy. ;)

Obviously this is being built in response to the congestion that happened during the holidays last year.
However, just being 16.4 miles closer than Barstow also make it easier for people traveling to Las Vegas, NV.

* I-40 in a pinch if for some reason a person can't quite make it to Barstow.
** Actually Las Vegas Blvd South, NV but I've been putting off adding it.

18 stalls will make it the location with the most stalls, right?

I was going to say largest in North America (Nebbenes in Norway has 20) but it appears Harris Ranch now has 20 according to supercharge.info.

Yermo is 3rd, 4th and onwards have 16 or fewer.

Fremont-2 (under construction) had 20 but has been under construction for over a year and appears to have disappeared from sc.info's map.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
18 stalls right down the road from Barstow's 16 (+4 temps). Absolutely amazing!
More so, there are plenty of stories of people getting stuck just prior to making to Barstow, or arriving with 1 mile left of range (mostly prior to Primm). Being 16 miles (20+RM) closer to Vegas is really huge.

The Eddie World page has a spot to enter your name & email for a grand opening invitation. Might I suggest that some of you current owners have a little get-together when they open? Hopefully the superchargers will be active by then.

I offered to buy dinner for anyone pulling into Barstow and having to wait because all 20 chargers we're in use. Same offer applies to Yermo.

Anyone caught "gaming" the offer by encouraging Tesla owners to flock to the opening ceremony for free juice and clean restrooms owes ME dinner! :p

RT