Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yermo, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2017, 18 V2 Stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From EddieWorld - Yermo l Food, Drinks, Gas & the Cleanest Restrooms

IMG-ai.jpg
I love the attitudes of business owners opening businesses! It's so uplifting.

Chances are with a July/August grand opening, the 18 Tesla Supercharger parking spots may not be completed in time.

That won't stop Tesla drivers from attending the grand opening to check out the progress. There's enough range between Rancho Cucamonga (1,250 feet elevation) and Eddie World (1,936 feet elevation) for a 160 mile round trip without charging in Barstow. Just remember to add some range for the Cajon Pass with its 3,777 feet elevation.

Last edited:
While this is great news, I still don't get why an 18 station SC is being put in 16 miles from one with 16 (I was just at Barstow last week) when the freaking I-10 corridor is still not finished from Tucson to El Paso. WTF??? Heck put in 2 SCs with 2 stalls each, I don't care...just get it done!!

While this is great news, I still don't get why an 18 station SC is being put in 16 miles from one with 16 (I was just at Barstow last week) when the freaking I-10 corridor is still not finished from Tucson to El Paso. WTF??? Heck put in 2 SCs with 2 stalls each, I don't care...just get it done!!
Because the LA to Vegas route is one of the most popular road trip routes. Barstow has had multiple issues with lines on holiday weekends. This is a great idea. All other routes are coming.

Because the LA to Vegas route is one of the most popular road trip routes. Barstow has had multiple issues with lines on holiday weekends. This is a great idea. All other routes are coming.

Like Maaz said, it is a VERY popular route. Also, Southern California has the highest concentration of Tesla vehicles anywhere in the world (possible second to bay area, not sure). There is a lot of Tesla traffic here.

Finally, if a route isn't finished, you know that ahead of time. This route has a history of 20+ deep line and hours wait at Barstow. If a route isn't finished, you plan around it. If you drive a route and expect a charge only to be confronted with a really long line and wait, that's a lot of frustration and possibly bad press.

Plus, Yermo is on Interstate 15 to and from Vegas. The Barstow SC is south of town before the junction with Interstate 40; it is also south of the junction with California SR58.

For motorists who are using Interstate 40 instead of Interstate 15, Barstow will still be the preferred Supercharger since the drive to Yermo is quite out-of-the-way. (Granted, Interstate 15 will have much more traffic volume, but there will be a fair amount of people going to and from Northern Arizona or the Colorado River.)

For motorists from California's Central Valley or Central Coast who are heading to Vegas, Yermo is en route off Interstate 15. As it stands now, the Barstow Supercharger is about a 2-mile jaunt south from the junction with highway 58. Yermo will avoid that short detour.

Finally, we do not know what the Supercharger locations will look like in 24-36 months. It is entirely possible that popular routes like Southern California to Vegas that must be funneled through Cajon Pass will have many more locations to Supercharge. Yermo will be but one piece in the entire lot. And perhaps by then, Tesla will have some sort of onboard software to guide us to the best charging spots for our trips.

And yes, Tucson to El Paso needs completion--soon.

"We are dedicated to clean bathrooms, it is our passion, period."

LOL. And that's awesome.

They are maybe a little too passionate. I was at their Beatty location a couple of weeks ago and I was the first one in when they opened and I think they cleaned the bathrooms with undiluted Clorox, I could barely breath the chlorine fumes were so strong.

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam and Chuq
I have some new pictures I will post Monday. I estimate 5 weeks till the place opens. Very large building. Lots of gas pumps going in too for the prehistoric type cars.

I could not identify where the Superchargers will go on the site. Plenty of room though.

RT

The same reason there's a gas station at every stop light/ intersection with 8 to 14 pumps each.

Build it and they will come!

Reactions: Ulmo
Drove by it earlier. Interesting spot. No other businesses are there. This station is the only one. Might've popular for those coming from Bakersfield but I doubt from LA area.

On the 70D maxis 230 miles. Drive to Vegas from Corona this past weekend, one stop at Barstow and one at Primm. Each spend 30 minutes is prefect. Got enough to cruise around Vegas. Stayed at Aria, they have chargepoint free charging so that took car of overnight charging.

Having one at Baker is good. Just in case coming from Vegas and not needing to swing by Primm before going home.