Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yonkers, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went by the garage. Looks like the work is complete but the area is still closed off. Probably waiting for permits? Should be open soon.

Attachments

• IMG_3217.JPG
    IMG_3217.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 144
So these are all going to be 72kW urban chargers? That’s too bad. 120kW superchargers are preferred for a road trip stop. This is perfectly placed for my trips from MD to New England, and this has much preferred eateries compared to Tarrytown.

I agree with what you are saying, but we really need to run tests to see from 0-90% battery how long it will take at 72 kW vs 115 kW after SCer taper is accounted for. is the difference in charge time 5 minutes? 10 minutes? is it 15 min, or 20? I think if it turns out to be 5 or 10 (or even 15 more) min, then it is viable for road trips. if the difference is 20+, it may not be the best bet for road trips. tho I will say, on all my road trips, the car is usually ready before I am.

Reactions: PeterK
Ok, I was there last week to check and spoke to the guard and corporate office after. Both said work is done, delay due to contractual payment of electricity. Looks like Ridgehill wants more denaro for the chargers to be live!

Sounds like a similar situation to Danbury CT, which recently went live about 6-8 months after construction was completed. It would be nice to see this site go live soon.

I am charging there right now. The nav said "10 of 18 stalls available" but when I got there, all 18 were open. I hooked up to one of the ones closer to the door and am charging at 40kW.

I don't know if the stalls are limited to 40kW current or if this is just because I came in at about 70% charge. 40kW is a pretty nice neat number though so my guess is it's a "reduced service" limit.

Also don't know whether the chargers further down the row are working. There's no sign indicating either way.

I am charging there right now. The nav said "10 of 18 stalls available" but when I got there, all 18 were open. I hooked up to one of the ones closer to the door and am charging at 40kW.

I don't know if the stalls are limited to 40kW current or if this is just because I came in at about 70% charge. 40kW is a pretty nice neat number though so my guess is it's a "reduced service" limit.

Also don't know whether the chargers further down the row are working. There's no sign indicating either way.
These are "Urban Superchargers".
They are usually 72 kW max.
All 18 stalls should be capable of supplying 72 kW simultaneously to all cars.

The thing with the nav stall usage count being wrong seems to be happening a lot.
I was recently the only car at Valley Stream and the nav said 8 of 16 stalls available.

Be aware: the Whole Foods can't validate your parking for this lot. It's $4 for the first hour - don't know what it is after that.

Should have taken my kid to the Guitar Center, jammed a bit and bought a magazine or a cord or something. I think they validate parking in the Archer lot. Apple Store might be another good bet.

Thanks for the info, but for me at this time, everyone is closed anyway and I'm happy to pay 4$ as I showed up with 4 miles :)
Peter

Be aware: the Whole Foods can't validate your parking for this lot. It's $4 for the first hour - don't know what it is after that.

Should have taken my kid to the Guitar Center, jammed a bit and bought a magazine or a cord or something. I think they validate parking in the Archer lot. Apple Store might be another good bet.

It looked like it should be accessible 24/7, the gate/pay system is automated and was still working after 11pm on a Sunday night.

I wonder if this charger will be accessible late nights. I'm not sure whether the Ridge Hill parking lots are 24-hour - the adjacent apartment building has its own lot, I think.