Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - York (York Township), PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
460D23E0-3A1F-4E59-8F2D-AF82375CD309.jpeg 6831F686-E5A8-4A60-BF78-823E4938C536.jpeg 64492ABE-AC33-4B1A-8409-C5C8947D8449.jpeg

Lots of conduit!

Across the street at the Arby's is an EVGO station. I've used my Chademo adapter there a couple times when I first got my MS and it was decent. Unfortunately it automatically stops after 30 minutes (I think it was 30), so you have to restart a new transaction after that.

The supercharger isn't open yet. We haven't seen anything official declaring the location a supercharger yet, but we all know what's going on. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: bsf29
This is very nice. I run to York twice a year and had to sweat making it from Fairfax and back on a single charge. Have to do some hyper mile. Rt 15 has no super chargers yet.

Frederick MD. has not been built yet. the Sheetz there has an extra large parking lot in the back and could surely act as a supercharging site. Yet no work going on there.

The utilities paper work could take longer that the actual construction. they built the SC in Springfield VA and there it sits waiting on Dominion VA to make the final connection.

Is there a Tesla Charger already at this location? ChargePoint implies that there is already 1 charger. It gets tight to making it back to Laurel for our trip home when we visit family.

That's the two EVGo connections at the Arby's next door. They've been live for a long time already, just haven't had the need to use them to comment on any charging experience.

So here's what it looked like a week after the first pictures in the thread. Notice the pad is a L shape which is a little different than i've seen in the past:

IMG_0990.jpg
IMG_0991.jpg
IMG_0992.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg
IMG_0994.jpg
IMG_0995.jpg
IMG_0996.jpg

This is a perfect spot! I make the run from Baltimore to Harrisburg a few times a month. With a 70D, it's no problem in the summer, but with the winter cold the round trip is too far without stopping somewhere. The Harrisburg charger is a pain to get to during rush hour, so I sometimes charge at the Arby's Chademo here instead. This supercharger will make Harrisburg and Lancaster from Baltimore a breeze.

@Robbit - Harrisburg and Carlisle each took about a month to complete, so let's hope to see York in mid July.

Fingers crossed for mid-July! I live in the area and charge my 100D w/ a 72amp wall charger at home. I'll rarely use this supercharger, but the fact that York is getting one is exciting. It's the perfect location for a supercharger. I was thinking the Sheetz on South Queen would have worked, but this one is even better.

Reactions: DarrenK
Week 3: Big progress this week. Stalls coming together, split 4 and 4 configuration confirmed, dirt grading complete. Still work to be done, and I noticed on the permit that this Sheetz is a partnership with Shipley (They own a traditional Energy company with fuel delivery etc) which Shipley also owns the Arby's franchise next door with the existing EVGo charger. Cool to see a local energy player diversifying like that and knowing what the future might bring with regards to their business portfolio.
IMG_1085.jpg
IMG_1086.jpg
IMG_1088.jpg
IMG_1089.jpg
IMG_1090.jpg
IMG_1091.jpg
IMG_1092.jpg
IMG_1093.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg

Brain Thanks for posting. this will be helpful when I come that way.

I SC six times this weekend heading to Ohio. Four of the stops were at Sheetz.

This SC looks to be quite different from the others. The SC's are pretty far away from the pedestals. Wonder if this will have a voltage drop issue, or slower charge rate. In any event I'll be using it.

Thanks Again for the shots.