Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - York (York Township), PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're on! Only pulling 80kW, but I'm already at 80% in my MS100D.
IMG_20180731_182025.jpg

I'm not sure why they would mark 4 spots as 10 minute general parking. Seems like that would encourage ICE parking in these spots. Any ideas on the reason for these signs?

Expect that. It's fairly standard at a Sheetz to see ICE cars parked in these spots. That's what you have to deal with when the SC is right on top of the business that it's near. In Michigan where we have most of our SC's at the Meijer we're a country mile away from the store entrance so we rarely see any ICE cars parked in them. But at the Sheetz it's a common practice. I don't think it's that big of a deal though. I mean unless the employees that work there start parking in them. Everyone else is just going in for a quick bite and then leaving.

I've been to every Tesla Supercharger in the state of Pennsylvania (well except this brand new one) and never had a problem charging at any of them. PA isn't LA... :)

upload_2018-8-1_22-3-57.png

This is in West Virginia, but also at a Sheetz... Still plenty of open stalls to charge...and they can always change the sings in the future if that becomes necessary.

Expect that. It's fairly standard at a Sheetz to see ICE cars parked in these spots. That's what you have to deal with when the SC is right on top of the business that it's near. In Michigan where we have most of our SC's at the Meijer we're a country mile away from the store entrance so we rarely see any ICE cars parked in them. But at the Sheetz it's a common practice. I don't think it's that big of a deal though. I mean unless the employees that work there start parking in them. Everyone else is just going in for a quick bite and then leaving.

I've been to every Tesla Supercharger in the state of Pennsylvania (well except this brand new one) and never had a problem charging at any of them. PA isn't LA... :)

View attachment 322322

This is in West Virginia, but also at a Sheetz... Still plenty of open stalls to charge...and they can always change the sings in the future if that becomes necessary.

View attachment 322322

Thanks for the explanation! It certainly will let us spot the ICEHOLES easier! :) I'm still glad that Sheetz did install this Tesla Supercharger.

I charged here for the first time tonight as part of my effort to avoid I-95 during Thanksgiving break. Two brief comments on this supercharger.

First, Google Maps lists it as a Destination Charger (as seen below). I've submitted an edit to have that fixed, but it threw me off briefly.

Second, getting back to I-83 can be confusing / annoying. If you leave Sheetz from the western exit, there's a little sign that tells you how to access I-83 -- looked a bit like this:
upload_2018-11-24_23-27-19.png

I didn't quite get what it meant at first -- it was dark and raining hard at the time, or maybe the coffee just hadn't kicked in yet -- but in hindsight I realize it meant you need to make four lefts, like this:
upload_2018-11-24_23-34-21.png

Hope this helps at least someone... :)

• Informative
Reactions: BQst and jthompson