Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yorktown Heights, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Snow Drift

[Off-Road Assist] Activated
Feb 10, 2016
Long Island
My parent's live in Westchester and found this for me:

10 stall SC, behind the Dunkin' Donuts @ BJs/Staples, where Cars & Coffee takes place every Sunday.

This location is not on the Tesla website and I'm not sure why no one else has noticed it.

Address:
3303 Crompond Rd. (Rt. 202/ Rt.35)
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

@BlueShift

Between the Taconic State Parkway and Bear Mt. State Parkway

10 Stalls (10th is mostly cut off on the left side).

IMG_0671.JPG

Green line:

IMG_0672.jpg

This location is not on the Tesla website and I'm not sure why no one else has noticed it.

Lol. I just came across a planning board filing for this site late last week but hadn't started a thread yet. I didn't think it would even be into permitting yet.
https://www.yorktownny.org/sites/default/files/fileattachments/planning/meeting/10150/18_-_nov_5._2018.pdf

And wow, that was built fast! The original planning meeting was on November 5th and from the minutes it sounds like it wasn't to be approved until a following meeting (maybe this happened at the meeting on November 19th) to allow time for a site visit. And then building permits would be applied for etc. So this moved awfully fast to be already built. I'm very impressed.
-------

Looks like it still needs the lamp posts installed and painting of the parking lines plus installation of the wheel stops if they're going to put them in.

Hi,

I drive by this location almost every day on the way to/from work on a 45 mile commute (45 miles each way). It would be great to have these superchargers activated soon. I went by the site the other day. I think these are v3 superchargers. The cord is much thinner than the ones I usually use. I also noticed what I think is a transformer sitting in the parking lot near the chargers (I'll post a photo tomorrow, maybe someone can confirm if in fact it's a transformer). Hopefully they open this site soon, it's been more than 3 months since superchargers went up.

Reactions: chateauoaks
Yes, the green thing with fins is the transformer. The fins are the heat sink to cool the oil that acts as a thermal transfer medium. The two big white boxes are the switchgear (wiring and breakers off the buss provided by the output of the transformer. The smaller white box, I'm not sure.

I'm glad it's moving forward. It's a perfect location for me to charge on my way to/from work. This morning I saw some workers clearing the area and it seems that they are preparing to paint the parking lines. I think the solar panels are also already installed on Stales' roof. Supposedly, they will power the superchargers during the day.

The odd thing is that this location is not showing up on Tesla's map as "Target opening 2019", they don't show it on their map at all, see below. I highlighted the area where it should be showing up.

upload_2019-4-15_13-44-40.png

I just recently started following supercharger locations on superchargedotinfo—I recall seeing less than 70 days or so a few weeks ago but now it reads 115 days as of today, per attached screenshot.

Are they typically accurate with build out times or do those numbers indicate something else / come from some standardized building permit?

Attachments

• 190BB373-F290-475A-B3D9-3F402509CA58.jpeg
    190BB373-F290-475A-B3D9-3F402509CA58.jpeg
    660.1 KB · Views: 58
I just recently started following supercharger locations on superchargedotinfo—I recall seeing less than 70 days or so a few weeks ago but now it reads 115 days as of today, per attached screenshot.

Are they typically accurate with build out times or do those numbers indicate something else / come from some standardized building permit?
That's the days since Construction started (was first reported).

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9