TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Yorktown Heights, NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Snow Drift, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

My parent's live in Westchester and found this for me:

10 stall SC, behind the Dunkin' Donuts @ BJs/Staples, where Cars & Coffee takes place every Sunday.

This location is not on the Tesla website and I'm not sure why no one else has noticed it.

Address:
    3303 Crompond Rd. (Rt. 202/ Rt.35)
    Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

@BlueShift

Between the Taconic State Parkway and Bear Mt. State Parkway

10 Stalls (10th is mostly cut off on the left side).

IMG_0671.JPG

Green line:

IMG_0672.jpg

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  2. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Looks like it is about ready to open. Any sign of a transformer?

3. Snow Drift

Not that I can see in the pics I was sent. I do see the white cabinets.

4. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

Looks great.. and almost ready too!

5. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

Lol. I just came across a planning board filing for this site late last week but hadn't started a thread yet. I didn't think it would even be into permitting yet.
    https://www.yorktownny.org/sites/default/files/fileattachments/planning/meeting/10150/18_-_nov_5._2018.pdf

And wow, that was built fast! The original planning meeting was on November 5th and from the minutes it sounds like it wasn't to be approved until a following meeting (maybe this happened at the meeting on November 19th) to allow time for a site visit. And then building permits would be applied for etc. So this moved awfully fast to be already built. I'm very impressed.
    -------

Looks like it still needs the lamp posts installed and painting of the parking lines plus installation of the wheel stops if they're going to put them in.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Snow Drift

#6 Snow Drift, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    @BlueShift Update, there are 12 stalls (1 pull forward).

Still roped off and needs lamp posts. The white cabinets are in but I don’t see a transformer, big box or painted lines.

2A0BDFE8-B627-4843-8267-78D0F7CF75DA.jpeg C5EF133F-2763-4E87-9FBB-5B98132CC144.jpeg
    E557A64A-57B7-45E0-9159-1F82436C4AB5.jpeg

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. streetskooler

streetskooler Member

This is awesome for me. Right down the street from my family so when we visit we supercharge right there.

8. DPK_AWD_3

DPK_AWD_3 New Member

As of today, this is still not open. I think they are waiting for the winter to end before completion.

9. chateauoaks

chateauoaks Member

Any update on lamp posts or transformer?

10. Snow Drift

LED lamp posts are installed but the site is still closed.

From today:

C2AEE439-64D2-46D4-A0B1-89537E1B5A72.jpeg 6D82FDAD-ABD5-47CC-BCC9-762E7A9F3892.jpeg

• Like x 4
  11. Wise Pete

Wise Pete Member

Hi,

I drive by this location almost every day on the way to/from work on a 45 mile commute (45 miles each way). It would be great to have these superchargers activated soon. I went by the site the other day. I think these are v3 superchargers. The cord is much thinner than the ones I usually use. I also noticed what I think is a transformer sitting in the parking lot near the chargers (I'll post a photo tomorrow, maybe someone can confirm if in fact it's a transformer). Hopefully they open this site soon, it's been more than 3 months since superchargers went up.

• Like x 1
  12. Wise Pete

Wise Pete Member

I passed by the other day, I think the transformer was installed. See the pictures.
    transformer 1.jpg transformer 2.jpg transformer 3.jpg

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 3
  13. Syd

Syd Member

Yes, the green thing with fins is the transformer. The fins are the heat sink to cool the oil that acts as a thermal transfer medium. The two big white boxes are the switchgear (wiring and breakers off the buss provided by the output of the transformer. The smaller white box, I'm not sure.

14. Wise Pete

Wise Pete Member

I'm glad it's moving forward. It's a perfect location for me to charge on my way to/from work. This morning I saw some workers clearing the area and it seems that they are preparing to paint the parking lines. I think the solar panels are also already installed on Stales' roof. Supposedly, they will power the superchargers during the day.

The odd thing is that this location is not showing up on Tesla's map as "Target opening 2019", they don't show it on their map at all, see below. I highlighted the area where it should be showing up.

upload_2019-4-15_13-44-40.png

15. dsnjr

dsnjr Member

I just recently started following supercharger locations on superchargedotinfo—I recall seeing less than 70 days or so a few weeks ago but now it reads 115 days as of today, per attached screenshot.

Are they typically accurate with build out times or do those numbers indicate something else / come from some standardized building permit?

Attached Files:

16. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

That's the days since Construction started (was first reported).

• Informative x 1
  17. dsnjr

dsnjr Member

Ah, that makes much more sense! Thank you!

18. cnsf

cnsf Member

It seems like no one is working on it and it looks finished. I wonder what is taking so long to flip the switch.

19. cnsf

cnsf Member

20. cnsf

cnsf Member

There are no cones blocking the chargers or any signage saying not to use it, so I tried to plug in and no charging yet - ALTHOUGH when I hit the button to release, it worked, so there is some power flowing there.

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1