Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yorktown Heights, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they typically accurate with build out times or do those numbers indicate something else / come from some standardized building permit?
They are only as accurate as the crowd can determine either by on-site visits or by finding permit information in City/County documentation. Sometimes we don't find them until they show up on someone's in-car nav. I'd say the norm is to find them at some point in their construction phase. Supercharge.info cannot be taken as authoritative as only Tesla has the complete set of information but it is the best out there besides Tesla. Here are a couple living visualizations to see the bigger trends in supercharger construction:

• Informative
Reactions: dsnjr and mociaf9
So, I tried pulling in two weeks ago and plugged in my car just to see what happened. First, it didn't blow up - so, that was good. Second, I noticed it was not supercharging. Third, the most important part, I was able to hit the button to disconnect it from my charging port, so there is some power running to the chargers. I expect they are waiting for town permits as I read it will also be a solar powered supercharging location. The panels are sitting above Staples.

Is there some kind of notification when a supercharger goes live? Or do we need to drive by this thing every week and test it to figure out when it's live?
It will show up as an option in the in-car navigation when it's open. But that technically doesn't happen for at least a few days after the stations are actually powered on, commissioned, and operational. The the web/online map gets updated usually a week or two after that. So, if you want the earliest possible use, when the stations are live but the navigation and Tesla's web map haven't been updated yet, then people have to go by to check. But at least it's easy to tell whether the power is on without having to actually plug in--the "TESLA" at the top will be lit up when they have power.

I passed by yesterday evening, the Tesla word at the top of the chargers is illuminated (see pictures). My M3 is being repaired so I couldn't test them. If anyone drives by, check them out. I also saw a meter installed.

Attachments

• 20190612_215504.jpg
    20190612_215504.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20190612_215456.jpg
    20190612_215456.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 45
I just went by. They are all turned off.
@BlueShift
Bummer. Based on the post history, looks like they were lit up on Wednesday evening, I charged there Thursday morning around 11:15am, then the contractor was there Thursday afternoon. You got there early Friday morning, and they are off.

I hope this is just a temporary setback - unlike Altamonte Springs a year ago, which went off for over two months after initially being turned on. I still have to get back there.

Shows as "Temporarily Closed" in supercharge.info now.

Last edited: