TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Yorktown Heights, NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Snow Drift, Dec 30, 2018.

1. theflyer

theflyer Member

They are only as accurate as the crowd can determine either by on-site visits or by finding permit information in City/County documentation. Sometimes we don't find them until they show up on someone's in-car nav. I'd say the norm is to find them at some point in their construction phase. Supercharge.info cannot be taken as authoritative as only Tesla has the complete set of information but it is the best out there besides Tesla. Here are a couple living visualizations to see the bigger trends in supercharger construction:

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

#22 CraZ8, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Drove by there yesterday May 26 for cars n coffee ( not in Tesla) and there appeared that the charging cords were not taped down. Light poles and all signage in place. Is this site up and running?

• Helpful x 2
  3. cnsf

cnsf Member

So, I tried pulling in two weeks ago and plugged in my car just to see what happened. First, it didn't blow up - so, that was good. Second, I noticed it was not supercharging. Third, the most important part, I was able to hit the button to disconnect it from my charging port, so there is some power running to the chargers. I expect they are waiting for town permits as I read it will also be a solar powered supercharging location. The panels are sitting above Staples.

4. matto

matto Member

Is there some kind of notification when a supercharger goes live? Or do we need to drive by this thing every week and test it to figure out when it's live?

5. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

It will show up as an option in the in-car navigation when it's open. But that technically doesn't happen for at least a few days after the stations are actually powered on, commissioned, and operational. The the web/online map gets updated usually a week or two after that. So, if you want the earliest possible use, when the stations are live but the navigation and Tesla's web map haven't been updated yet, then people have to go by to check. But at least it's easy to tell whether the power is on without having to actually plug in--the "TESLA" at the top will be lit up when they have power.

6. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Is there any similar indication for urban chargers?

7. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately. You've pretty much got to plug in and test. Or just wait for them to show up as open in the nav.

8. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

Stopped by there on June 7, looks for all the world ready to go but stalls still not energized ( tried to plug in)

• Helpful x 2
  9. Wise Pete

Wise Pete Member

I passed by yesterday evening, the Tesla word at the top of the chargers is illuminated (see pictures). My M3 is being repaired so I couldn't test them. If anyone drives by, check them out. I also saw a meter installed.

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
  10. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Mr. PlugShare

@Chuq @BlueShift !

11. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Charged there today - they are working, but power was fluctuating a bit.

2019-06-13 11.15.43.jpg

• Like x 4
  12. Wise Pete

Wise Pete Member

That's great, for some reason they don't show up on Tesla's website. Do they show up on the car's NAV?

13. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Not in the Nav yet. Takes Tesla a little longer to figure out they are turned on than the TMC community. Maybe they should watch the forums. :)

• Funny x 2
  14. tanker5

tanker5 Member

15. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

That this finally opened after 6+ months gives me hope that West Nyack will soon open (first reported early December, now just awaiting meter and stall labeling).

16. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

OK, it's ready for Coffee and Cars this Sunday!

17. matto

matto Member

IT'S LIVE!

The guy was there hooking it up when I stopped by. He said the delay was CONED running the power from behind BJs to the chargers.

It's not in the map yet but it should be by tomorrow.

18. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

Thank you for the updates! I still can't believe this all started with my Father randomly stopping by during Cars and Coffee.

• Like x 1
  19. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

I just went by. They are all turned off.
    @BlueShift

• Informative x 1
  20. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

#40 tes-s, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Bummer. Based on the post history, looks like they were lit up on Wednesday evening, I charged there Thursday morning around 11:15am, then the contractor was there Thursday afternoon. You got there early Friday morning, and they are off.

I hope this is just a temporary setback - unlike Altamonte Springs a year ago, which went off for over two months after initially being turned on. I still have to get back there.

Shows as "Temporarily Closed" in supercharge.info now.