Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ypsilanti, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On June 10th there is not much sign of any work. There is a crate of fencing at the proposed location. Not sure if related, but good chance.

F3FB2908-FD99-4BCC-9270-84409EDAE5A4.jpeg
24B547F8-76FB-4CF7-9874-EE3061679B9F.jpeg

On June 10th there is not much sign of any work. There is a crate of fencing at the proposed location. Not sure if related, but good chance.
Tesla often uses that Trex product to screen their electrical equipment in jurisdictions that require that be done by fencing instead of vegetation/trees. And the site plans posted by tesrella upthread show that this location will have such a Trex fence. So, I'm pretty sure this is for the superchargers. Hopefully groundbreaking will be soon.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I was at the Meijer in Ypsilanti yesterday and took a few pictures. Last week it look the normal and this weekend a fence was put up. I am currently only own T$LA stock holder and not a vehicle yet.

James

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0665.jpeg
    IMG_0665.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0663.jpeg
    IMG_0663.jpeg
    930.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0662.jpeg
    IMG_0662.jpeg
    922.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0661.jpeg
    IMG_0661.jpeg
    944.7 KB · Views: 65
I own a restaurant at the 12 Mile Rd exit off of I75 in Madison Heights. Just filled out the app to be considered for a SC site. Not sure what our chances are, but maybe…

Thank you for stepping up to make the offer of hosting a Supercharger site.

Just so you're aware, there is a new 12-stall site being built at 1301 W 8 Mile Road (discussion link), about 6 miles (driving) south. Tesla has really been bulking up the Supercharger density in metro areas, so hopefully they'll find your location attractive.

• Helpful
Reactions: mociaf9
I own a restaurant at the 12 Mile Rd exit off of I75 in Madison Heights. Just filled out the app to be considered for a SC site. Not sure what our chances are, but maybe…
I called Tesla last fall and they said they were planning one at Red Run Golf Club in Royal Oak. Neither City of RO or Red Run had a clue about a Tesla SC. Drove by RR a few times since then and nothing. Give Tesla a call and tell them your area is safer than the Detroit location!