Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ypsilanti, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla last fall and they said they were planning one at Red Run Golf Club in Royal Oak. Neither City of RO or Red Run had a clue about a Tesla SC. Drove by RR a few times since then and nothing. Give Tesla a call and tell them your area is safer than the Detroit location!
Jordan,
Would you mind sharing the phone number that you got through to them with?
Thanks!

I called Tesla last fall and they said they were planning one at Red Run Golf Club in Royal Oak. Neither City of RO or Red Run had a clue about a Tesla SC. Drove by RR a few times since then and nothing. Give Tesla a call and tell them your area is safer than the Detroit location!
That sounds like a very unlikely location for a Supercharger. Most likely it is a destination charger and whoever you talked to was confused.

Here are the latest pictures from Wednesday night. I'm hoping to order my Tesla in 2023.

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpeg
    IMG_1055.jpeg
    643.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1056.jpeg
    IMG_1056.jpeg
    519.8 KB · Views: 110
The power boxes are being installed. I counted 12 supercharges.

The non-related supercharger picture is me driving a Model S around Ann Arbor. At Pioneer High School DTE was sponsoring an all EV test drive. There were Model Y, Model S, PoleStar, Rivian, Hummer, Bolt, ID-4, Mach-e, and Lightning.

Based on the line I chose the Model Y, Model S, and Polestar. I forgot to ask the year of the Model S, but you can tell by the screen & steering wheel not the newest model, but that didn't stop me from going from 35 mph to 80 mph in a blink of an eye and throwing me and the passenger back into our seats.

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpeg
    IMG_1069.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1071.jpeg
    IMG_1071.jpeg
    906.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1072.jpeg
    IMG_1072.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
The power boxes are being installed. I counted 12 supercharges.

The non-related supercharger picture is me driving a Model S around Ann Arbor. At Pioneer High School DTE was sponsoring an all EV test drive. There were Model Y, Model S, PoleStar, Rivian, Hummer, Bolt, ID-4, Mach-e, and Lightning.

Based on the line I chose the Model Y, Model S, and Polestar. I forgot to ask the year of the Model S, but you can tell by the screen & steering wheel not the newest model, but that didn't stop me from going from 35 mph to 80 mph in a blink of an eye and throwing me and the passenger back into our seats.
Cool, thanks!
They aren't new, but this is my first exposure to the precast pedestal bases. The additional oval in the middle is the crane lift point.

Here are two week old photos from 8/21. I drove past last week and all the stalls were in place and looking like they were ready. Seems to be a bit more work needs to be done with the power boxes. I will be in the going to Meijer and Target on Saturday or Sunday and will upload new pictures. Hopefully they will be open.

Attachments

• IMG_1075.jpeg
    IMG_1075.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1076.jpeg
    IMG_1076.jpeg
    704.9 KB · Views: 83
Until announced publicly, this serves as the placeholder thread for the Ypsilanti, Michigan Supercharger location. I had a conversation with a higher-up at DTE who confirmed that Superchargers are coming to many Meijer locations in the E/SE Michigan area, and this Ypsilanti Meijer location is indeed one of them.

Location (estimated):
42.234319, -83.677916
Number of Stalls (estimated): 8

This location will be about a 6 minute drive from US-23 or I-94.

The Midwest region of the US, and frankly much of Southeast Michigan, is about to get a lot of much needed V3 250kW love. There are DTE plans for Northville, Bad Axe, Ypsilanti, etc. At present moment, the Livonia and Ann Arbor Superchargers are almost always at half capacity or more between 9am and 5pm, 7 days a week. V2 stalls are definitely last decade's advancement, and V3 is making waves in the new one. My contact at DTE claims Tesla have themselves communicated every (or most every) Meijer will eventually have a Tesla charger, which seems likely, because Meijer has been installing V3 quite aggressively lately.

I wanted to start this Supercharger thread myself, even if a little early, because this Meijer location was the shopping center my family went to for groceries every week as a kid growing up, so I have fond memories of the place. They just renovated this Meijer, too, so this will be an awesome location for charging. This is quite an interesting time to be alive, as we watch this brand new transportation infrastructure being put in place.
Good comment, thank you I share your experience :)

Reactions: tesrella