Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yreka, CA (LIVE 25 May 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks more like it! I wanted to guess the stalls would be back in right there and that the diagonal tire bumpers were irrelevant, but wasn’t obvious until they started trenching whichever area. I’m sure it’s not concrete enough to be tagged officially under construction but it’s under construction to me!

Reactions: PLUS EV
The guys were busy so I didn’t try to ask any questions. Hopefully some of the experts can tell what we are looking at here. They’re digging a trench today which seems promising!

I’m not convinced the parking bumpers are supercharger related though. It’s an odd number for a supercharger, like 17 or 18. And there are a few other parts of the parking lot that have the same parking bumpers. Some of them are even old and damaged from use.
Might be adding some L2 stations in addition to the 12 permitted V3.

The guys were busy so I didn’t try to ask any questions. Hopefully some of the experts can tell what we are looking at here. They’re digging a trench today which seems promising!

I’m not convinced the parking bumpers are supercharger related though. It’s an odd number for a supercharger, like 17 or 18. And there are a few other parts of the parking lot that have the same parking bumpers. Some of them are even old and damaged from use.

The bumpers in that row are probably pre-existing. They look intended to keep the center aisle free as a designated pedestrian path. The transformer vault and nearby excavation may or may not be for the Supercharger; I don't see anything Tesla-specific in the photos so far. Though if it doesn't look like they are building a new building or similar that would need its own utility transformer, EV chargers are a good guess as to what would require one.

Yreka to Eureka via Weaverville is possible. Weaverville splits the difference between Yreka and Eureka and supports the CA 299 route to Redding.

View attachment 626834

Recently Weaverville, CA now shows up as a new location with a target opening for Q4 2021.

1619107992186.png

Mod: Please move this post and the related post to a new Weaverville tread. Thank you.

Been 2 weeks and no updates??? I know almost no one lives there but hasn’t anyone driven past? I am trying to talk my sister to drive over from Weed to look. Yes, I grew up in a town called Weed (named after the founder Abner Weed, BTW). Haven’t been so excited since they put a McDonald’s in Weed back in the 80’s. Yes I am old, I remember as a kid riding in the car up to Medford before 1-5 was completed. Now that was an adventure in a snowstorm.

Been 2 weeks and no updates??? I know almost no one lives there but hasn’t anyone driven past? I am trying to talk my sister to drive over from Weed to look. Yes, I grew up in a town called Weed (named after the founder Abner Weed, BTW). Haven’t been so excited since they put a McDonald’s in Weed back in the 80’s. Yes I am old, I remember as a kid riding in the car up to Medford before 1-5 was completed. Now that was an adventure in a snowstorm.
I'll likely be passing through in about a week, so I'll stop and check in again if no one else does.

I will be there on May 26th. Though I do not suppose they will be finished. I will charge up 100% in Medford so I can jump over the hill to Etna to visit family.
then back out the next day to charge in Mt Shasta before a run to Sacramento.
I love that down hill run to Redding. almost no battery usage

My sister pulled thru, she actually went by for us. Looking good, she did not know anything specific to look for so she just took a generic picture.
Near the white cabinets there should be a concrete pad with a bunch of conduits coming through it which is where the PGE transformer will be placed. Or there is a giant green metal box already in place near the cabinets. Either would be a great picture.

Been following this thread ever since my mom let me know she saw chargers going in a few weeks back. Happy to report we pulled into Yreka tonight and gave the chargers a try and they're operating! We only charged a few minutes and was getting ~100kw with a half full battery but appears to be fully operating.

Cool! DId you get a picture of your car charging to make it official?

Bruce.