Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yreka, CA (LIVE 25 May 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool! DId you get a picture of your car charging to make it official?

Bruce.
Does this count as a picture?
IMG_1821.png

I'm not charging there, but it shows up as nearby for where I live! (I just drove through Yreka yesterday. Had I only known...)

Reactions: bmah and 1100MCM
Didn't Tesla install clandestine roadster chargers along Interstate 5 at the beginning? I seem to recall that there was one at Harris Ranch, Robobank in Atascadero, Woodland, Corning (where the SC are today) and now your discovery in Yreka. Doubtless there were others along Interstate 80 and further south on I5.

I think some of them may have been removed. I also think that the one in Woodland was changed out to a 70A J1772 plug, because I needed to use that site in 2014, and Plug Share said something to that effect.

Rabobank Salinas also had a Roadster Wall Connector, but it had been changed to 80A J1772 by the time I used it to drive my new RAV4 EV home in April 2013. It does not appear on Plugshare any longer. Anyway, this is drifting way off-topic for this Yreka thread...

I believe so from what I've read on these forums but that was before my time. I'd be curious to see a map of where they all were/are. I was very surprised to find one that appeared to be functional, especially at such a hotel.
Plugshare still has a filter for the Tesla Roadster plugs; some on the I5 corridor and a few scattered across the continent. Who knows if the info on Plugshare is up-to-date.

I am heading down this Friday, hoping it will be back up. Do you recall if there were a pair of ChargePoint chargers also put in? Several of the last installs I have seen at Targets included the ChargePoint’s. Wondering if that is only a Target thing.
I believe there were already L2 chargers (possibly ChargePoint) nearby (near the McDonald's I think) before the supercharger was even built. But I didn't use them so don't quote me. Check PlugShare!

I believe there were already L2 chargers (possibly ChargePoint) nearby (near the McDonald's I think) before the supercharger was even built. But I didn't use them so don't quote me. Check PlugShare!
Must be a Target thing. Saw several installs at targets in CA (and the newer one here in Hillsboro) where they put in a row of superchargers and two ChargePoint dual-cord 7.2kw stations by the same install team. Nice since the ChargePoints are free for 2 hours. My wife uses it for her Bolt

Must be a Target thing. Saw several installs at targets in CA (and the newer one here in Hillsboro) where they put in a row of superchargers and two ChargePoint dual-cord 7.2kw stations by the same install team. Nice since the ChargePoints are free for 2 hours. My wife uses it for her Bolt
There's no Target in Yreka though. And like I said the L2 chargers were already there before the supercharger even began construction.

There's no Target in Yreka though. And like I said the L2 chargers were already there before the supercharger even began construction.
It’s amazing they have a Walmart((I grew up in Siskiyou county). I was just calling it out that the last several Targets that had a supercharger install they also put in 2 ChargePoints. Yreka still shows as down, I will be there visiting family this Fri-Sat. Hope it’s running, otherwise it’s dinner in Mt Shasta.