Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yreka, CA (LIVE 25 May 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A permit was issued last week for the installation of 12 V3 Superchargers at 1808 Fort Jones Rd in Yreka California.

According to someone in the Building and Planning department, the Superchargers will be placed in the north end of the Yreka Junction parking lot (formerly the JC Penney lot).

Will add on Supercharge Info.

A permit was issued last week for the installation of 12 V3 Superchargers at 1808 Fort Jones Rd in Yreka California.

According to someone in the Building and Planning department, the Superchargers will be placed in the north end of the Yreka Junction parking lot (formerly the JC Penney lot).

Will add on Supercharge Info.
Now try to come up with Myrtle Creek, OR. It also showed up on the map out of the blue as a Q1 target opening.

Reactions: Araman0
Yreka, CA

Along Primary Interstates: I-5
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: CA-3

I-5

To: Medford, OR - 54.9 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Grants Pass, OR - 82.8 miles

Another great splitter. Although the gap is currently "only" 89.4 miles
- it's the 3rd largest gap on I-5
- it follows the 2nd largest gap of 90.5 miles
- the largest gap is from Grants Pass, OR to Springfield, OR (138.4 miles), and Tesla findus says a Supercharger in Myrtle Creek, OR will open in 2021Q1. The retail area west of Exit 105 looks like the obvious place.

• Informative
Reactions: Janus and house9
The Yreka supercharger came as a big and unexpected surprise. More choices on I-5 means more flexibility. I was somewhat surprised to also see another Supercharger planned for Olympia considering Tumwater and Lacey are only like 10 miles apart. But more than likely I’ll never use any of those except to charge a few miles to me home to Hoodsport.

Guess it’s time to revise my I-5 supercharger spreadsheet.

The Yreka supercharger came as a big and unexpected surprise. More choices on I-5 means more flexibility. I was somewhat surprised to also see another Supercharger planned for Olympia considering Tumwater and Lacey are only like 10 miles apart. But more than likely I’ll never use any of those except to charge a few miles to me home to Hoodsport.

Guess it’s time to revise my I-5 supercharger spreadsheet.

Yreka to Eureka via Weaverville is possible. Weaverville splits the difference between Yreka and Eureka and supports the CA 299 route to Redding.

upload_2021-1-11_22-4-27.png

Heard back from the city administrator. He says the city has not heard anything or seen any permits come through but thought it could be done through an existing commercial property and not need permits from the city/county unless it were to require a change in traffic patterns. The city was possibly going to reach out to their electric provider to see if they knew of any plans in the works. Definitely different from how things work here in CA.
Believe it or not, Yreka is actually in California.