Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yreka, CA (Under construction May 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

MarcoRP

Sep 6, 2017
Montréal
A permit was issued last week for the installation of 12 V3 Superchargers at 1808 Fort Jones Rd in Yreka California.

According to someone in the Building and Planning department, the Superchargers will be placed in the north end of the Yreka Junction parking lot (formerly the JC Penney lot).

Will add on Supercharge Info.

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
A permit was issued last week for the installation of 12 V3 Superchargers at 1808 Fort Jones Rd in Yreka California.

According to someone in the Building and Planning department, the Superchargers will be placed in the north end of the Yreka Junction parking lot (formerly the JC Penney lot).

Will add on Supercharge Info.
Now try to come up with Myrtle Creek, OR. It also showed up on the map out of the blue as a Q1 target opening.

Reactions: Araman0

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Yreka, CA

Along Primary Interstates: I-5
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: CA-3

I-5

To: Medford, OR - 54.9 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Grants Pass, OR - 82.8 miles

Another great splitter. Although the gap is currently "only" 89.4 miles
- it's the 3rd largest gap on I-5
- it follows the 2nd largest gap of 90.5 miles
- the largest gap is from Grants Pass, OR to Springfield, OR (138.4 miles), and Tesla findus says a Supercharger in Myrtle Creek, OR will open in 2021Q1. The retail area west of Exit 105 looks like the obvious place.

• Informative
Reactions: Janus and house9

smartypnz

Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2013
Monterey Peninsula
Good location, too. I like to exit Yreka (heading north and use CA 263/CA 96 which parallels I-5). Very scenic and bypasses the hill climb on I-5. About a dozen miles. But in early days, saved a little battery. I think it was 4 minutes longer in time.

Reactions: totoro722

Mike Maloney

Jan 17, 2015
Yreka, CA
A forgotten fact, both Canyonville. OR and Yreka had Roadster chargers years ago. Not sure if they are still active. The Yreka location was behind a hotel next the the planned location.

Oliver’s MX

Jun 20, 2020
Silverdale, WA
The Yreka supercharger came as a big and unexpected surprise. More choices on I-5 means more flexibility. I was somewhat surprised to also see another Supercharger planned for Olympia considering Tumwater and Lacey are only like 10 miles apart. But more than likely I’ll never use any of those except to charge a few miles to me home to Hoodsport.

Guess it’s time to revise my I-5 supercharger spreadsheet.

GenSao

Aug 3, 2017
Pleasant Hill, CA
The Yreka supercharger came as a big and unexpected surprise. More choices on I-5 means more flexibility. I was somewhat surprised to also see another Supercharger planned for Olympia considering Tumwater and Lacey are only like 10 miles apart. But more than likely I’ll never use any of those except to charge a few miles to me home to Hoodsport.

Guess it’s time to revise my I-5 supercharger spreadsheet.

Yreka to Eureka via Weaverville is possible. Weaverville splits the difference between Yreka and Eureka and supports the CA 299 route to Redding.

upload_2021-1-11_22-4-27.png

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
Heard back from the city administrator. He says the city has not heard anything or seen any permits come through but thought it could be done through an existing commercial property and not need permits from the city/county unless it were to require a change in traffic patterns. The city was possibly going to reach out to their electric provider to see if they knew of any plans in the works. Definitely different from how things work here in CA.
Believe it or not, Yreka is actually in California.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC