Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yreka, CA (Under construction May 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

super_nerd

Oct 15, 2019
That looks more like it! I wanted to guess the stalls would be back in right there and that the diagonal tire bumpers were irrelevant, but wasn’t obvious until they started trenching whichever area. I’m sure it’s not concrete enough to be tagged officially under construction but it’s under construction to me!

Reactions: PLUS EV

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
The guys were busy so I didn’t try to ask any questions. Hopefully some of the experts can tell what we are looking at here. They’re digging a trench today which seems promising!

I’m not convinced the parking bumpers are supercharger related though. It’s an odd number for a supercharger, like 17 or 18. And there are a few other parts of the parking lot that have the same parking bumpers. Some of them are even old and damaged from use.
Might be adding some L2 stations in addition to the 12 permitted V3.

Speight

Jan 20, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
The guys were busy so I didn’t try to ask any questions. Hopefully some of the experts can tell what we are looking at here. They’re digging a trench today which seems promising!

I’m not convinced the parking bumpers are supercharger related though. It’s an odd number for a supercharger, like 17 or 18. And there are a few other parts of the parking lot that have the same parking bumpers. Some of them are even old and damaged from use.

The bumpers in that row are probably pre-existing. They look intended to keep the center aisle free as a designated pedestrian path. The transformer vault and nearby excavation may or may not be for the Supercharger; I don't see anything Tesla-specific in the photos so far. Though if it doesn't look like they are building a new building or similar that would need its own utility transformer, EV chargers are a good guess as to what would require one.

GenSao

Aug 3, 2017
Pleasant Hill, CA
Yreka to Eureka via Weaverville is possible. Weaverville splits the difference between Yreka and Eureka and supports the CA 299 route to Redding.

View attachment 626834

Recently Weaverville, CA now shows up as a new location with a target opening for Q4 2021.

1619107992186.png

Mod: Please move this post and the related post to a new Weaverville tread. Thank you.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC