Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yuba City, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trolling the internet in the middle of the night scored me the Yuba City supercharger location. Looks to be near a New Earth grocery store. I'm not familiar with that area but thankful for it! The Natomas charger is a little off the beaten path for NB and SB I5, and now I can skip it and drive straight to Gustine!
Permit #
BLD18-01391

10 charging stations, and looks like its waiting to be issued.

@BlueShift

I have not seen the plans, but my money is on these 10 parking spaces near the main road. Seems to make sense with how and where Tesla designs their locations. Easy access to main utility power, and visible to where a majority of people will be coming from.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181125-082347_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20181125-082347_Maps.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 278
Reactions: ohmman
I have not seen the plans, but my money is on these 10 parking spaces near the main road. Seems to make sense with how and where Tesla designs their locations. Easy access to main utility power, and visible to where a majority of people will be coming from.

Doubt it will be those spots. There's a couple establishments that are going to be frequently using them. My guess is it's out around back of New Earth (there's currently 2 non-Tesla charging stations there). Current chargers marked in blue. Possible Tesla charger locations marked in Red. Also I believe they can pave out further on the property, so it might not even be on the lot yet...

Attachments

• YubaCityChargers.JPG
    YubaCityChargers.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Informative
Reactions: Blup85
Doubt it will be those spots. There's a couple establishments that are going to be frequently using them. My guess is it's out around back of New Earth (there's currently 2 non-Tesla charging stations there). Current chargers marked in blue. Possible Tesla charger locations marked in Red. Also I believe they can pave out further on the property, so it might not even be on the lot yet...
You may very well be right. I'm not familiar with the area, but it would seem they would also place them where they can easily expand to more chargers when needed, so my spot might not be the best location for that. Given your input, I'll change my bet to the SE circled location since expansion of the lot and commercial lot will be allow it :).

Drove past the New Earth Market today and they were doing some trench work along the back of their parking lot, seems like the perfect size and typical setup for a SC...pics attached, sorry their not great but looks like there’s some progress here.

Attachments

• 4DB3A7F5-BD60-4F09-A5BA-ED2C09142791.jpeg
    4DB3A7F5-BD60-4F09-A5BA-ED2C09142791.jpeg
    419 KB · Views: 226
  • 1455F552-B58F-4EDE-A89A-45ED840FC70D.jpeg
    1455F552-B58F-4EDE-A89A-45ED840FC70D.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 6A644B00-B81D-4F75-B459-DC579D0A57BC.jpeg
    6A644B00-B81D-4F75-B459-DC579D0A57BC.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 223
I know the solar is fairly new, I’ve been by there a few times and don’t remember the solar until yesterday...I think they have other chargers too so it might be part of the landowners plan. They also have a solar array up against the south side of their building over some parking there as well that wouldn’t have anything to do with the SC, I don’t think the solar is SC specific.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
seems to be going very quickly. Drove thru this afternoon. They have the conduit in place, looks to be almost ready for backfill. Looks like they use some type of preformed wet set base for the pedestals.
Location is not as easy as I thought from 99, but still very close.
They changed to pre-made bases for the Supercharger cabinets and pedestals about a year ago. Prior to that, they would do all the conduit and hand-made concrete forms on-site and pour it in concrete. Now they can place the bases and conduit on base rock then pour concrete without individual forms.

Reactions: Blup85