Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yucca Valley, CA (LIVE 24 Sep 2022, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first three posts in this thread were consolidated from multiple threads.

I think it's safe to say that Yucca Valley will be bringing on a Supercharger in the coming months! It's about 30 mins from this existing one in 29 Palms which is kinda far for most of the action that takes place in the Hi-Desert.

This is a fantastic location. Do you guys think I'm seeing this right? Can the moderator create a new thread with this on there as permitted?

https://www.yucca-valley.org/home/showpublisheddocument/5950/637692026501670000

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm out this direction often. In fact, our general contractor that we've done some work with made himself one of the first local Tesla owners (Model Y) in the area recently! Probably after seeing us make about 100 trips on our Model S coming and going between San Diego and this area over the last 12 months. I carried on and on about how great our vehicle has performed on those trips. He also saw 12' countertops come out the back (true story!) along with hot water heaters, fridges, materials, etc.

I'll be sure to get pictures if/when we see development the next time I'm out this way! Honestly, this where Tesla should have built the first Supercharger. Don't get me wrong, the 29 Palms one will always hold a special place in my heart (charged there 50+ times) but this is the "Manhattan" location.

This supercharger is operational!!!!

Saved my butt yesterday due to a V11 glitch and bad trip planning. I thought i missed an essential Cabazon supercharge stop, and ended up getting to Joshua tree around 25% SOC, this gave me the juice to drive the 40+ miles through Joshua Tree NP (this drive chewed through 30% of charge at 40F alone).

I was totally sweating on Monday during a drive to Joshua Tree and the new V11 UI made it difficult for me to find local superchargers.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
This supercharger is operational!!!!

Saved my butt yesterday due to a V11 glitch and bad trip planning. I thought i missed an essential Cabazon supercharge stop, and ended up getting to Joshua tree around 25% SOC, this gave me the juice to drive the 40+ miles through Joshua Tree NP (this drive chewed through 30% of charge at 40F alone).

I was totally sweating on Monday during a drive to Joshua Tree and the new V11 UI made it difficult for me to find local superchargers.
Is this in reference to the Twentynine palms location?

Apologies, I was indeed referring to the 29 Palms supercharger. The V11 software update got me confused about available superchargers since I couldn't find it on the map anymore.

This was the correct location :(

Reactions: Limited and mociaf9
New Yucca Site ?
B64A6C6A-768B-43FA-BCAE-36682223B8F3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have any knowledge as to exactly where in this parking lot we think this thing will land? It can't come soon enough. This will allow an arrival empty to fill/lunch with a turn to arrive home empty (charge overnight). I really want this Supercharger!

If it's anything like contracting any residential work in the Hi-Desert, this thing is going to take ages to become real 😔

Do we have any knowledge as to exactly where in this parking lot we think this thing will land? It can't come soon enough. This will allow an arrival empty to fill/lunch with a turn to arrive home empty (charge overnight). I really want this Supercharger!

If it's anything like contracting any residential work in the Hi-Desert, this thing is going to take ages to become real 😔

The most likely is where my car is parked. Plenty of room for 16 chargers. There is also space at the other end of the lot near the grocery outlet store.
Both places are easy access off 247 or 62.
Not holding my breath on seeing this before 2023. Things don’t happen quickly in Yucca Valley building wise.
Been waiting 5 years for them to break ground on an aquatic center. IN and Out was to build in 2015 still vacant lot.
Plenty of tatoo parlors, vape shops,and thrift stores to go around.