Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yucca Valley, CA (LIVE 24 Sep 2022, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes! I just spoke to a friend of mine who lives across the way and he definitely said that we're in construction mode over there. Maybe we move this status to the traffic cone? 🚧🏗️👷‍♂️👷‍♀️

I'll try and get some pics myself this week if I can!

supercharge.info did that.

We'll update the thread title here on TMC when there's a picture of something, preferably Tesla-branded, that's obviously part of a Supercharge site (like pedestal bases or Supercharger cabinets).

I probably don't need to say this, but neither of these update will make the construction go faster. :cool:

Bruce.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9 and PLUS EV
Was able to swing by on Friday. They were working their tails off over there. Deep, deep, holes and trenches.

If inspections get scheduled and they keep moving, this could be done rather quickly. Hoping for the best!

Apologies for the lousy pictures. I stayed in the car and just did a quick lap of the area.

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

Coming around the home stretch! This one came together VERY quickly.

If SCE fully sets the transformer and the FINAL inspection goes as well as it should, this could be up and running before the end of the month.

View attachment 828136
I think your estimate is a little too optimistic lets keep an eye on when the transformer set and then estimate hopefully a week or two after that to be up and running. My guess is most likely mid to end of August for this site.

A related question:

With 365 days of insatiable sunshine every year, and a well-justified desire to have shade for the vehicles/drivers, wouldn't this be the poster child location for solar panels?
Probably doesn't make a lot of economical sense as SCE utility is still in a Demand charges holiday so once Tesla starts getting Demand charges they probably don't see a need to offset with solar/batteries. I do know the locations like this would be appreciated by users Kettleman City is another location that doesn't have one at the new site.