Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used Yuma a couple of weeks ago and it was 3A/B 4A/B that were either down completely or only starting to charge then stopping. I called Tesla roadside, and actually talked to someone to report it. 1A/B and 2A/B were working but there were 4 of us charging, so the charge rate was low on my car for the first 30 min until someone left, I moved to the open pair at that time and got 70KW ( as expected based on SOC at that time) Seems maybe they still are having issues there. Hopefully, it was called in and will be addressed, that is an important charger for PHX/TUC to SAN travel.

I tried calling on the way back and was on hold for over 30 minutes before I gave up. 2B had a sticker with a space for a number to call but there was no number.
When I was the only one there I was getting 484 miles an hour added. It was awesome! Forgot to check the KW because I was entranced watching the miles of range go up at the speed of counting. But pretty sure it is not supposed to charge that fast. They need to get this location fixed. You can't make the drive to San Diego at normal highway speeds without this supercharger in an SR+. My car was telling me that I would have had to go below 60 miles an hour from Gila Bend to El Centro to make it. It's not safe to drive that slow!

Hm. This is a bit worrisome. I am heading out to Tucson in a couple of weeks from San Diego. I just navigated there in my car and the Yuma Supercharger is not showing up. I called Tesla and they said that they had a note that a couple of the chargers were down, but he couldn't get any real time feedback from any of them.

Says it is closed on the navigation system in my car. I’m here and 4 of 8 work this evening. Easier to see which ones at night.

6CC4D185-C3C6-41A4-9485-8E20277AF367.jpeg

When I used it last month, Tesla told me they were sending out a tech to fix the non-working stations the next day. I guess they haven't gotten to it yet....

They have not. I have been in Yuma for a week for work and I am using this Supercharger while away from home. Only 4 stands have worked this week, but those 4 have been reliable. I’ll be here another week or so and will update this thread if there are any changes. I’ll call the number and submit another request for repair while I’m here.

1A, 1B, 4A, 4B **STILL BROKEN** as of 10/13

Car didn't say reduced service on 10/13, so I decided to go there. Big mistake. Two cars had just arrived and took 2 & 3....so I got 30 kW charge rate. Car said "2 Hours and 30 Minutes to continue your trip". That was fun....

It said reduced service a few days prior, so I assumed they had fixed it. Nope, just stopped warning people - but still broken.

Tesla **PLEASE FIX THIS SITE** It has been broken for MONTHS! What gives, you are usually awesome

Tried to call this in, but Tesla said, "your hold time is greater than 40 minutes". While I did have 2.5 hours to kill, I didn't feel like doing that listening to their hold music.

Eventually, one of the other cars left and I received a good charge rate. Total time here was about 80-90 minutes.

• Informative
Reactions: ybbor
1A, 1B, 4A, 4B **STILL BROKEN** as of 10/13

Car didn't say reduced service on 10/13, so I decided to go there. Big mistake. Two cars had just arrived and took 2 & 3....so I got 30 kW charge rate. Car said "2 Hours and 30 Minutes to continue your trip". That was fun....

It said reduced service a few days prior, so I assumed they had fixed it. Nope, just stopped warning people - but still broken.

Tesla **PLEASE FIX THIS SITE** It has been broken for MONTHS! What gives, you are usually awesome

Tried to call this in, but Tesla said, "your hold time is greater than 40 minutes". While I did have 2.5 hours to kill, I didn't feel like doing that listening to their hold music.

Eventually, one of the other cars left and I received a good charge rate. Total time here was about 80-90 minutes.
As you discovered, the 2.5 hour estimate was incorrect because as soon as your neighbor fills up, you will get a faster charge rate. This will always be the case.

As you discovered, the 2.5 hour estimate was incorrect because as soon as your neighbor fills up, you will get a faster charge rate. This will always be the case.

I knew the 2.5 hour estimate was wrong, as another car would eventually leave. Problem I had was the 100D in front of me plugged in roughly 2 minutes before me and took a very loooong time to charge (he must have arrived near 0 and charged to 90% or more)

Unfortunately, the second car that arrived seconds before me only stayed 15 minutes. Wish I had used that shared stall instead, but another car had plugged in just before he pulled out (took him 2 tries before he found a charger that worked)

Not used to it taking 80-90 minutes to add 145 rated miles to a battery at a low SOC. 5 minutes of this was due to trying 3 other stalls before I found one that charged the car.

Would have taken less than 25 minutes if there was an available stall at full power. The extra hour meant I couldn't pickup my dog that night, which wasn't the end of the world, just disappointing.

I think the most frustrating part was plugging into multiple chargers before finding one that worked. I wish they had signs. After dark, it became obvious (TESLA didn't light up on the chargers) - but different story in the daylight.

I know that I should be positive and be thankful that some of them worked at all. Could have been a much different story!

I'm definitely spoiled by the old days when you would nearly always get the full power of a charger just for one car :)

Sorry for the rant