Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Zionsville/Whitestown, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard early last year that a supercharger was planned for the Meijer in Whitestown off of I-65. I never got more detailed information other than a mention from one of the Tesla employees at the Keystone store.

It looks as though they are now constructing something with large, electric boxes in the south-west section of the parking lot. Although I can't confirm it's a super charging site yet, it sure looks like one.

cNKMnC5.jpg

Does anyone have additional info on this?

Yes, that's most definitely the hardware for a supercharger. Good find! If you wanted to totally confirm it--and simultaneously give us the scoop on whether it's going to be traditional or urban style chargers--you could get a close-up picture of the shipping tag in the upper corner on supercharger cabinet cover (see attached highlight). Did you happen to count how many of those cabinets there were? I can't quite tell whether there are 4 or 5. Once we know that, we'll know whether it'll have 8 or 10 stalls.

From the picture it looks like the exact location in the parking lot is around here. Is that about right?

GPS: 39.950563, -86.343779

@BlueShift @Chuq

Attachments

• Supercharger- Zionsville, IN_highlight.jpg
    Supercharger- Zionsville, IN_highlight.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Yes, that's most definitely the hardware for a supercharger. Good find! If you wanted to totally confirm it--and simultaneously give us the scoop on whether it's going to be traditional or urban style chargers--you could get a close-up picture of the shipping tag in the upper corner on supercharger cabinet cover (see attached highlight). Did you happen to count how many of those cabinets there were? I can't quite tell whether there are 4 or 5. Once we know that, we'll know whether it'll have 8 or 10 stalls.

From the picture it looks like the exact location in the parking lot is around here. Is that about right?

GPS: 39.950563, -86.343779

@BlueShift @Chuq

Yes, your location coordinates are correct. Side note: wow the Google satellite view is very dated, it still looks like a grass field. On Apple Maps it shows the parking lot correctly.

I will try to count the cabinets and get a close up picture of the shipping tag later this afternoon.

Reactions: mociaf9
wow the Google satellite view is very dated, it still looks like a grass field. On Apple Maps it shows the parking lot correctly.
You've probably got the "globe" setting turned on in your Google maps settings. While it does enable Google's 3D mode, it often results in using older satellite pictures, too (as well as running slower ;)). I have it turned off unless I'm specifically trying to use the 3D views for something, so here's what I see when I click the map link I posted earlier:

Supercharger- Zionsville, IN_overview.JPG

Last edited:
Zionsville, IN

Interstates: I-65
US Numbered Highways: US-52

To: Lafayette, IN - 43.7 miles
Diversion: 2 miles
To: US-12/US-20 in Gary, IN - 132.7 miles

To: Dayton, OH (I-65,I-70) - 120.9 MIles

More options along I-65.
Improves I-65 to I-70 travel.

Reactions: Peteybabes
Well, I'm definitely glad to see this one. The Lafayette location is super convenient for me coming from/going to work, but this one will be much better for me than the Carmel one for visiting family south of Indy or going to Brown County or further south. Still hoping for one between Indy and South Bend along 31 eventually (maybe near Peru, right where 31 and 24 cross, that'd be about halfway between Carmel and South Bend).