Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great find!
Submitted it to supercharge.info. Does this location look right? The Google Street View imagery seems to match the pictures in the tweet.

upload_2018-1-4_23-54-14.png

Reactions: rabar10
Yep, you nailed it! This location will provide easy access to travelers from the South. People coming from the North are going have a bit more to navigate (multiple roundabouts). The car's navigation is accurate though.

Multiple amenities!
There are at least 10 restaurants from fast food to casual dining.

For those not familiar, Meijer is nice, multi-purpose big box store. (Yes, they have a Starbucks inside). Out lot restaurants include: Panda Express, Zoup!, Which Wich and Blaze Pizza.

Across the street to the East, you will find many local flavor shops and food/bar options. Great restaurant choices include: Yats, Stacked Pickle, Brockway Pub, Mimi Blue Meatballs.

Across the street to the South: J. Razzo's Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar, Toppers Pizza, Yougurtz, Moe's Southwester Grill, Mark Pi's China gate & Sushi Bar, Le Peep (excellent breakfast/lunch) and Max & Erma's.

Note: the food options to the East and South of the Supercharger location all require you cross streets that are pretty busy during AM/PM rush hours and also lunch.

All things considered, this is a great location for a Supercharger!

Yay! Castleton was good for destination charge, but not real close. My parent's house on the north side suffers from ground fault, mobile charger will not charge. Carmel works!

Amazing that I'm visiting Indy from my home in Nashville today when this came through.

Yep, you nailed it! This location will provide easy access to travelers from the South. People coming from the North are going have a bit more to navigate (multiple roundabouts). The car's navigation is accurate though.

Multiple amenities!
There are at least 10 restaurants from fast food to casual dining.

For those not familiar, Meijer is nice, multi-purpose big box store. (Yes, they have a Starbucks inside). Out lot restaurants include: Panda Express, Zoup!, Which Wich and Blaze Pizza.

Across the street to the East, you will find many local flavor shops and food/bar options. Great restaurant choices include: Yats, Stacked Pickle, Brockway Pub, Mimi Blue Meatballs.

Across the street to the South: J. Razzo's Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar, Toppers Pizza, Yougurtz, Moe's Southwester Grill, Mark Pi's China gate & Sushi Bar, Le Peep (excellent breakfast/lunch) and Max & Erma's.

Note: the food options to the East and South of the Supercharger location all require you cross streets that are pretty busy during AM/PM rush hours and also lunch.

All things considered, this is a great location for a Supercharger!

For my money the best northside place to eat is The Journey on east 96th St. (about ten miles away) an all you can eat delicious Japanese Asian American buffet restaurant. Ten bucks for lunch (11a - 3p) about twenty for dinner including prime rib (6p - 10p). Stir fry, soup, bbq ribs, sushi and pizza for the kids.

This is 5 miles from my home and we shop at Meier, but the most important location that need to be built in Indiana are Bloomington and Elberfield/Evansville, hopefully those coming soon

Bloomington is only 50 miles from SC in Indy (5520 Victory Drive just off I 465 at Emerson Ave) Not really needed near term. But the intersection of Interstate 69 and Interstate 64 would serve travelers from St. Louis to Louisville and Indy to and Chicago/Terre Haute to (future 169 / intersection with I 24. This one really would be a trifecta.

I hope this is not right. Carmel is a horrible location to get to from the interstates. The Tesla site says Fishers, and I was told it would be at 116th and Cumberland, which is much more convenient to travelers going around I-465 and travers on I-69. They may be just seeking proposals from multiple locations.

BTW, there is already a thread about this topic. New Supercharger Fishers, IN

Last edited:
I think the question was is the Carmel location still going to happen, since it would be very unusual for Tesla to pay to build two so close together. Has anyone seen any activity at the permitted location? It would be cool to have 20 superchargers total on the Northside!

PS
Has anyone got any details on the downtown location?

I think the question was is the Carmel location still going to happen, since it would be very unusual for Tesla to pay to build two so close together. Has anyone seen any activity at the permitted location? It would be cool to have 20 superchargers total on the Northside!

PS
Has anyone got any details on the downtown location?

Not that unusual! Jersey City has one just opened and one about to open only a few blocks apart... Carlsbad has three in a row under permit status, and Westlake Village in California has two within 6 miles of each other!

It can happen :)

Fishers is off I-69 (although it's an urban charger, not supercharger), and the Carmel location is off US-31.
The one they're going to build in Zionsville will be near I-65. The superchargers are more for interstate travel and placed accordingly.

Fishers is off I-69 (although it's an urban charger, not supercharger), and the Carmel location is off US-31.
The one they're going to build in Zionsville will be near I-65. The superchargers are more for interstate travel and placed accordingly.
Fishers location is actually better for interstate travel since it is near an interstate not off a state road, but ultimately convenience can be different for each person or situation.

They are all superchargers. The urban part is more about the size of the unit due to space and to provide a consistent (non-shared) charge. They are just ~72kw dedicated or ~120kw shared. The Fisher’s site can provide up to 82kw. (see that thread for pics and details) Most battery packs can only handle around 80-90kw anyway, but they are slower for newer and future battery packs if you compare it to a non-shared ~120kw unit. See below from Tesla.com...

FCD82ABE-6C15-45C7-A3E5-CAA696013699.jpeg

Not that unusual! Jersey City has one just opened and one about to open only a few blocks apart... Carlsbad has three in a row under permit status, and Westlake Village in California has two within 6 miles of each other!

It can happen :)
Unusually, yes. Could it happen, yes. The more around here the better! :)

Has anyone seen any activity at the permit site, or have any update? I don’t get over that was too often.

Last edited: