Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers and ICE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It amazes me how ignorant people can be, blatant big sign saying ‘Electric Vehicle recharging point only’ and yet they still park there!

Even more amazing is that they don’t seem to enforce them with fines! A nice big £100 fine sign would likely scare many of the pricks off.

Rant over :)

Attachments

• BF1DB559-6A78-4383-B3CA-FC44F73B8668.jpeg
    BF1DB559-6A78-4383-B3CA-FC44F73B8668.jpeg
    660.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I saw some utter prat in an ICE SUV at the M40 services once, drove all the way around the car park and very obviously deliberately parked diagonally across two Tesla charge bays. I was just leaving at the time so didnt take issue with him.

I have long felt for misuse of disabled parking bays etc that a seriously sticky label placed on the windscreen in front of the driver would be a useful deterrent plus we could all have a laugh watching these inconsiderate drivers scratching away at the labels before they could drive off. As ever though it is a case of not mistakenly doing this to a genuine user.

Starting to think this would be a great idea for EV charging bays where there simply is no excuse.

Given the levels of abuse I do wonder how long it will be until we need rising bollards. Or maybe get cameras on the charging bays linked to the parking managment company, they could rake a ton of money in and share it with Tesla.

that sucks. Its bad enough when the 8 charging points at work are taken up all day with hybrids when, although no monitoring is done, there is supposed to be a 4 hour limit which would be fine if people didn't just dump their cars, plug them in and leave them all day long or worse still bugger off on holiday for 2 weeks.

Although for me I brought the car with the knowledge that I don't have to charge to get to and from work each day (140 mile round trip) but would be nice to utilise these free chargers when available but the selfish people out there just don't think about anyone else but themselves grrrrr but for the Superchargers, its not like you can't see what they are!!!!!

just the one sheet of seriously sticky label applied to the windscreen in drivers line of sight would do it.
no bucket required :)
Just have fun watching them spend ages scratching it off.

But yeah the (seriously heavy-lol) skates to place ICE nose to tail would also be worth a laugh.

I was surprised to be blocked at Tesla Heathrow by another S owner who had parked his car on a supercharging space and was not charging but attending to his i-phone. He seemed offended when asked to move to an empty parking space next to it.