Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers as marketing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

malcolm

Nov 12, 2006
The Tesla name is clearly displayed. They look cool. The styling is better than those of alternative chargers. They occupy premium parking locations close to buildings/facilities. They're very visible to passing pedestrians walking to and from the lot.

Great location for "Supercharger Theater" where the public can gather round and watch those whacky EV drivers stick rude notices onto ICEies, and argue over charging order.

I predict a youtube channel.

My point is that as Tesla works hard to dismantle arguments against EVs the perceived attitude of owners will become a greater focus.

Will Tesla drivers get a reputation as the BMW drivers of the EV world?

I think opinions of the chargers and drivers who charge there will stay the same based on demographic:

Those for electric cars will see it as cool and one step closer to the ideal of transportation. A "Good on them" feel would be exude by them towards drivers who could afford the current prices.

Those on the fence will likely be sold to the idea and attracted as customers.

Those against electric cars will have this extra argument showing that the "wealthy 1%" get premium parking and reserved parking. "Typical rich people"