Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port Orange, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Larry, reading through the permit re-submit comments really gives some insight to WHY a TSCS takes a while to break ground etc. .... Plans and permits take the majority of time. Once those hurdles are done the actual building process is relatively quick! Thanks for sharing that link. It makes me think that same process is underway in multiple locations around the country. Before we know it many, many more TSCS's will break ground and surprise us all:biggrin: Thanks again!

Larry, reading through the permit re-submit comments really gives some insight to WHY a TSCS takes a while to break ground etc. .... Plans and permits take the majority of time. Once those hurdles are done the actual building process is relatively quick! Thanks for sharing that link. It makes me think that same process is underway in multiple locations around the country. Before we know it many, many more TSCS's will break ground and surprise us all:biggrin: Thanks again!

Exactly, once these rather minor resubmissions are accommodated the actual construction only takes a few weeks. Then the big variable is how efficient the inspection/ approval process is.

Larry

Can someone please update the data on the community-maintained supercharger location map? It requires a paid account from Zee Maps or I'd do it myself :-/

Tesla Superchargers

My brother just got is P85+ yesterday and I sent him on a wild goose chase for a charger I thought was going to be near his house.

The Superchargers that are the subject of this thread are not operational yet.

If your brother just received his Model S his navigation system will have all the active Superchargers listed and his car should take him to the closest Supercharger.

If he has questions he can contact me directly at [email protected].

Larry Chanin
Founder, Florida Tesla Motors Club

Looking for an excuse (sound familiar?) for a good drive, it occurred to me to check out Port Orange. Voila! The SC is well under way as the accompanying pictures show. The site is just inside the main entrance. It looks like just a total of 6 pedestals unless there are others which have not yet been started. In a couple of pictures, you can see the entrance traffic lights. I thought I would have to drive all over the mall to locate it but it was staring at me as I entered the right turn lane to the mall entrance. Being near the entrance, however, it will involve a fair walk to all the facilities - anywhere from 150 to 300 yards. Somebody else will have to follow this up to completion and inauguration. I leave for Chicago in a couple of days and won't be back until the last week of September.
SC1.jpg
SC2.jpg
SC3.jpg
SC4.jpg
SC5.jpg

Looking for an excuse (sound familiar?) for a good drive, it occurred to me to check out Port Orange. Voila! The SC is well under way as the accompanying pictures show. The site is just inside the main entrance. It looks like just a total of 6 pedestals unless there are others which have not yet been started. In a couple of pictures, you can see the entrance traffic lights. I thought I would have to drive all over the mall to locate it but it was staring at me as I entered the right turn lane to the mall entrance. Being near the entrance, however, it will involve a fair walk to all the facilities - anywhere from 150 to 300 yards. Somebody else will have to follow this up to completion and inauguration. I leave for Chicago in a couple of days and won't be back until the last week of September.

Great update! Thanks.

Hi Archie,

Great work!

Yes, from your photo it looks like its a few hundred yards from the Olive Garden Restaurant across the street. Personally I prefer these Supercharger locations to be slightly remote from the main mall traffic. This location looks like it is nicely tucked away from the main traffic.

Superchargers at Port Orange.jpg

The Olive Garden Restaurant is at the place marker. The Superchargers are within the red rectangle.

I think that you are the closest club member to this Supercharger location. I guess we'll have to see when this Supercharger is operational. If you return in time would you consider making arrangements at the Olive Garden for a club meet-up?

Thanks.

Larry

View attachment 29230
The Olive Garden Restaurant is at the place marker. The Superchargers are within the red rectangle.

I think that you are the closest club member to this Supercharger location. I guess we'll have to see when this Supercharger is operational. If you return in time would you consider making arrangements at the Olive Garden for a club meet-up?

Thanks.

Larry

Your map has the location pinpointed exactly. Regarding the meet-up, I would be honored but I hesitate to say yes and then find myself unable to deliver the goods. You see, this is an open-ended car trip and Chicago after a week or so, is just the jumping off point for a car tour of Canada, all the way to Quebec. My mention of the last week of September is therefore just an approximation especially since my wife and I do not want to shortchange Canadian friends and relatives that we have not seen for a while. Hope you understand the bind I am in. Thanks.

Archie/caddieo

Last edited by a moderator:
Your map has the location pinpointed exactly. Regarding the meet-up, I would be honored but I hesitate to say yes and then find myself unable to deliver the goods. You see, this is an open-ended car trip and Chicago after a week or so, is just the jumping off point for a car tour of Canada, all the way to Quebec. My mention of the last week of September is therefore just an approximation especially since my wife and I do not want to shortchange Canadian friends and relatives that we have not seen for a while. Hope you understand the bind I am in. Thanks.

Archie/caddieo

I completely understand.

Larry

not the permit

I thinking this is enough of a confirmation to start an official thread (although I've been wrong before!)

Permit granted to install 8 chargers at Volusia Point Shopping Center (1 Daytona Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114): https://crw.codb.us/etrakit3/Permit_CODB.aspx?permitNo=C1305-114

Would seem like the perfect fit to the red dot map and Tesla has a habit of installing 8 chargers at a time.

Now, when is it going to open?

:biggrin:

This permit was for private chargers at the nascar offices across from the speedway. I wish they had built SCs in front of Dayton ISS! They are up, and unavailable. The real Tesla SCs go in at the mall at port orange I thought.