Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port Orange, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This permit was for private chargers at the nascar offices across from the speedway. I wish they had built SCs in front of Dayton ISS! They are up, and unavailable. The real Tesla SCs go in at the mall at port orange I thought.

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, in posting #19 Archie posted photos of Level 2 chargers across from the speedway.

In posting #53 he posted photos of the Superchargers that are under construction at the Palivion at Port Orange.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

The pictures seem to indicate one charge station separated from the others and oriented 90 degrees to them. Is my viewing correct? Looks like there is still room for two more stations between it and the others.

Hi Jim,

It is unlikely that Tesla would design two vacant spaces between Supercharger stalls. My guess is that the contractor was constrained regarding where to store building materials and when they move the materials they will resume building two remaining Supercharger stalls.

Larry

Thanks for these updates! This will become the closest site to Atlanta (450 miles) where we have 200-300 Model S owners now, so maybe you'll see some traffic from us. Some of us have already made the leap to FL a few times via J1772 sites and RV parks.

The pictures seem to indicate one charge station separated from the others and oriented 90 degrees to them. Is my viewing correct? Looks like there is still room for two more stations between it and the others.

It just occurred to me that the isolated and rotated charger on the left may be intentionally placed so as to accommodate vehicles with trailers. Comments?

We stayed in Port Orange on our way home to Punta Gorda from Beech Mountain NC. Charged at a Charge Point outlet at the Country Inn. I drove over to the Pavilion to check out status. They plan to have things ready to check out this weekend and have a grand opening with Tesla people on site. I'll add a couple of pictures tomorrow. Super chargers will be located at the entrance off to the right.

Someone that attends please ask the contracting crew representative (one was on hand at Port St Lucie) how things are going with the Turnpike SC(s). If you can, try to get some intel on where the one by Orlando will be located.
Thanks,
Bill

See Larry Chanin's post a few back in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, in posting #19 Archie posted photos of Level 2 chargers across from the speedway.

In posting #53 he posted photos of the Superchargers that are under construction at the Palivion at Port Orange.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jim,

It is unlikely that Tesla would design two vacant spaces between Supercharger stalls. My guess is that the contractor was constrained regarding where to store building materials and when they move the materials they will resume building two remaining Supercharger stalls.

Larry

This is what I was referring to. There was lots of room for two more stations. We'd probably all like to see some more up to date pictures.

Not sure just what "ready to check out this weekend" means or where that puts the Grand Opening on the calendar. I wasn't able to make it to the Fort Myers or Port St Lucie events and really hope to make it to this one.

It just occurred to me that the isolated and rotated charger on the left may be intentionally placed so as to accommodate vehicles with trailers. Comments?

This orientation matches the Delaware SC that I've frequented a few times. My assumption is that it was logical to have it at the back driver's side of the car if the lot allowed (i.e., the far left spot), but putting the charger at the back of the rest of the spots makes more sense so that people aren't bumping into them exposed in the middle of the spaces... At least in DE, the trailer idea wouldn't work because the trailer would be right in the driving lane.

20130802_195936.jpg