Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port Orange, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Port Orange Ribbon Cutting Ceremony- September 18, 2013

A great time was had by all! Thank you Tesla Supercharger team. We had a nice mix of club members, Tesla owners and Tesla employees.

Larry

Superchargers at Port Orange a.jpg

Superchargers at Port Orange b.jpg

Superchargers at Port Orange c.jpg

Mall General Manager & Graham Carroll, Tesla SE Regional Sales Manager

Superchargers at Port Orange d.jpg

Ken Stokes, Dee Lowe, Bob Macchione, Graham Carroll, Alexis Georgeson, Kevin Melnuk, Rod Russell, Charles Fleming, David Marsh.

Superchargers at Port Orange e.jpg

Terry Oswalt, Ken Stokes, Dee Lowe, Bob Macchione, Aaron Smith, Mark LaPlant

Superchargers at Port Orange f.jpg

Alexis Georgeson, Tesla Spokesperson
- - - Updated - - -

Volusia-Flagler area slowly adding more electric vehicle-charging stations

watermark.gif

Graham Carroll, a regional sales manager for Tesla Motors, cuts pieces of ribbon to give to Tesla vehicle owners such as Terry Oswalt, at right, following the official ribbon-cutting Wednesday to open the new Tesla vehicle-charging station.
News-Journal/DAVID TUCKER

“This will serve as a charging location for Model S drivers on road trips. By next year, a path of SuperChargers will be installed from Miami to Boston,” said Alexis Georgeson, a spokeswoman for California-based Tesla Motors.
Larry

Last edited:
Tesla Extends Electric Car Charging Network in Florida

The Port Orange charging station, called a 'supercharger', joins two others which Tesla opened in Port St. Lucie and Fort Myers this summer.
Tesla spokesperson Alexis Georgeson says the company plans to install more superchargers elsewhere in the country.
“By the end of the year we will allow free long distance travel from LA to New York, from Boston to Miami and on the West Coast from Vancouver British Columbia to Phoenix Arizona.”
Tesla says there are 13,000 Model S sedans on the road, and more than 500 in Florida.

Larry

Thanks. I really like the one in the middle. :wink:

Larry

I was most impressed by the one on the far left. Not because it's my car, but because it's using the space that I had already vacated because the SuperCharger loaded me from 14 miles range up to plenty enough to get back to Lutz in about 45 minutes. Way too cool watching the number creep up to 294 mi/hour range, and looking forward to Version 5.0 which is supposed to speed things up even more.

Great seeing some of you again, and very nice to meet some for the first time. We had a very good time.

I was most impressed by the one on the far left. Not because it's my car, but because it's using the space that I had already vacated because the SuperCharger loaded me from 14 miles range up to plenty enough to get back to Lutz in about 45 minutes. Way too cool watching the number creep up to 294 mi/hour range, and looking forward to Version 5.0 which is supposed to speed things up even more.

Great seeing some of you again, and very nice to meet some for the first time. We had a very good time.

Hi Bob,

It was great seeing you and Dee again.

I was only able to get 190 miles per hour.

Larry

IMG_3762.PNG
IMG_3772.PNG
IMG_3777.PNG
Just cam came back from a round trip from Palm Coast. Supercharged on way up and way back. Only person there both times.

On way up I pulled into Stall 3 at 1030pm. Started at 127 mi and got a rate of 210 mi/hr. I was disappointed.

On way back, was curious if some spots were faster than others? Used Stall 1a at 340om starting with 60 mi. I peaked out at 379 mi/hr and kept that charge rate for a while. As miles increased it started to back off as expected. At 202 mi I was @ 267 mi/hr. It was really fast!

Anyone else had experience where one stall seemed faster than the other?

Just cam came back from a round trip from Palm Coast. Supercharged on way up and way back. Only person there both times.

On way up I pulled into Stall 3 at 1030pm. Started at 127 mi and got a rate of 210 mi/hr. I was disappointed.

On way back, was curious if some spots were faster than others? Used Stall 1a at 340om starting with 60 mi. I peaked out at 379 mi/hr and kept that charge rate for a while. As miles increased it started to back off as expected. At 202 mi I was @ 267 mi/hr. It was really fast!

Anyone else had experience where one stall seemed faster than the other?

Was there anyone else there? As you may know, the Superchargers are split into two stalls per charger.

I just tried my first supercharger trip this past Wednesday and Thursday.WPB to Orlando and back.I was doing some driving around Orlando when I arrived there, so I had to charge at PSL and Port Orange coming and going.As it happens, someone else was doing a similar trip at the same time as I found the same black Model S charging at both supercharger locations at the same time as me.I didn't see the other Tesla owner.I did find that charging at station 1 A in Port Orange was significantly faster than station 3.Also charger 3 at PSL was not working.Obviously, having an SC in Orlando will be a big help.

I think there is some sort of slow charging issue at the Port Orange, FL Supercharger. We drove our Model X up from Miami to NY in mid-June and back to Miami this week. On the way up and down, I experienced terrible charging speeds and voltage at Port Orange. I reported it to Tesla by calling the 800 number in June and once again yesterday. At no other station from Miami to NY was there consistently poor charging speed like in Port Orange.

I arrived yesterday with 3 miles in the tank and tried every single station to see if there was one good stall, but the fastest any of them charged in 1 hour and 20 minutes was 61kW. I was the only one charging there each time I visited.

If someone has any pull with Tesla (@Larry Chanin ?) would you please point out this huge gap in the I-95 corridor in Central Florida? In a Model X P90D, which only gets about 200 miles of realistic range at highway speed, St. Augustine isn't reachable from Port St. Lucie unless you stop in Port Orange.

Reactions: jbcarioca