Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port St. Lucie, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Tesla Model S yesterday at the Dania Beach service center and they also told me that it was opening on July 24th.
Congratulations!
I'm away at TESLIVE and can 't respond for a few days, but if you're interested in joining our Florida Tesla Motors Club, please email me directly at [email protected] with your full name, screen name and city and I'll send you some club materials.
Larry

Yes! A sliver 60. Actually I'm getting it wrapped and dechromed currently and going to pick it up tonight. Even though I only have the 60, I was impressed at how fast it was. Definitely felt much faster than my current vehicle (BMW M3). Enjoy your car!

I'm interested to know where you are getting your wrap work done? I was thinking along the same lines. I'm definitely getting the windows tinted week after next.

Here are a few updated pictures of the Port St. Lucie, FL SuperCharger location.

I talked to the people working on the location and they seem to be on track to finish in the next week or two.

- Scott

photo 2a.jpg
photo 1a.jpg

SCottev...you beat me to it! You must have been up there just after (or before) I was this morning? Sure looks like they are on track to be up and running within a couple of weeks :smile:
DSC01306a.jpg
DSC01309a.jpg
Not sure what the plastic white posts between the stalls are for? Maybe for some "EV only" signs?

I'm in Palm City, were is the PSL location at. Looks like its near one of the schools? I don't think the stations are going in the right places if you ask me. They need one in Orlando area and they should contact the Turnpike Authority about putting them in a few of the service plazas. The way the system looks right now you can't go north up towards I-75 without staying for hours somewhere. The proposed site that is on Tesla site shows three real close to each other in the Jacksonville area, why? I'm sure by 2015-16 we will be better set with the stations

I'm in Palm City, were is the PSL location at. Looks like its near one of the schools? I don't think the stations are going in the right places if you ask me. They need one in Orlando area and they should contact the Turnpike Authority about putting them in a few of the service plazas. The way the system looks right now you can't go north up towards I-75 without staying for hours somewhere. The proposed site that is on Tesla site shows three real close to each other in the Jacksonville area, why? I'm sure by 2015-16 we will be better set with the stations

You should read the rest of the threads. In the meantime, where are you starting, and where are you trying to go? (Not what roads you want to take).

I'm sorry aviators99 but last night when I posted it my iPad only had page one & six so that's why I was asking were it was. As for where I'm going, anywhere but if you drive to Orlando your not not making it back on a single charge from my house in Palm City. But also we are planning to go to TN and that will put us going up to I75 and again won't make it at least right now, maybe in the future

I'm sorry aviators99 but last night when I posted it my iPad only had page one & six so that's why I was asking were it was. As for where I'm going, anywhere but if you drive to Orlando your not not making it back on a single charge from my house in Palm City. But also we are planning to go to TN and that will put us going up to I75 and again won't make it at least right now, maybe in the future

You are in the unfortunate circumstance of living where the Supercharger is. They are placed to be between origin and destination and not at the origin or destination. So where they are will cover Miami-Orlando, or Miami-Tampa, with those three cities being the most popular origins and destinations, so people who live there or travel there can charge up in between. It is assumed that high speed charging is not needed at origins or destinations because you have overnight to charge.

According to Tesla, this fall you will be able to get to Knoxville, TN.

According to Tesla, this fall you will be able to get to Knoxville, TN.

That would be great. How & where did you see this?

All I've seen is the supercharger map, which through 2015 almost ignores I-75 once you leave Tampa. The proposed Lake City SC, 185 miles or so from Tampa, appears to be on I-10 but close enough to I-75 to be usable. Still Macon is 200 miles away, and Chattanooga another 200 miles from there. While all 3 legs may be doable for an 85kWh battery, even with that option it's really pushing range limits considering potential weather and traffic conditions, especially around Atlanta. SC charging at each site would almost certainly require range charging and could significantly exceed 1 hr each.

That would be great. How & where did you see this?

All I've seen is the supercharger map, which through 2015 almost ignores I-75 once you leave Tampa. The proposed Lake City SC, 185 miles or so from Tampa, appears to be on I-10 but close enough to I-75 to be usable. Still Macon is 200 miles away, and Chattanooga another 200 miles from there. While all 3 legs may be doable for an 85kWh battery, even with that option it's really pushing range limits considering potential weather and traffic conditions, especially around Atlanta. SC charging at each site would almost certainly require range charging and could significantly exceed 1 hr each.

If you look at the Fall 2013 map, you are covered all the way to Knoxville. You cannot take 75, and have to follow where the chargers are. Range mode is for road trips, so of course you have to range charge. Keep in mind that the 120kW Superchargers will charge in less than a half hour, according to Musk. I know that I certainly want to stop for 30 minutes every 250 miles.

They are making progress. The workers here said two weeks is there deadline

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
image.jpg
8 charging stations. The electricians all stopped working to look at the car because non of them had seen one yet. They said there company is putting in a lot here on the east coast (not just Fla) so they were working hard to get them done. Today they put the white covers on which now makes it look like a station. Won't be long now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    815.2 KB · Views: 360