Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port St. Lucie, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More superchargers being installed in Port St. Lucie! Hopefully V3

@Chuq

Attachments

• 7EAAD91C-4757-4AB3-B6F6-041B121D318A.jpeg
    7EAAD91C-4757-4AB3-B6F6-041B121D318A.jpeg
    665.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
No but I did find the permit, doesn’t state kw but it does confirm supercharger expansion.
Thanks for the information.

This is definitely a Supercharger expansion, but the designation is not a permit number.

It's some kind of generalized project designation that is not unique to this Supercharger project.

Here are some records from the city's Building Services department. Note that other projects have the same designation.

Port St Lucie Supercharger Expansion.jpg

I couldn't locate the actual permit in the online system.

However, in the City Managers Bi-Weekly Report dated April 24, 2020, there is the following note on page 8 that states:

Commercial Permits - Issued
Tesla - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations -
1795 NW St. Lucie West Blvd.

There is a discrepancy in the address.

Can you tell us where the construction is taking place in relation to the existing Supercharger charging terminals?

Thanks again.

Larry

Thanks for the information.

This is definitely a Supercharger expansion, but the designation is not a permit number.

It's some kind of generalized project designation that is not unique to this Supercharger project.

Here are some records from the city's Building Services department. Note that other projects have the same designation.

View attachment 553922

I couldn't locate the actual permit in the online system.

However, in the City Managers Bi-Weekly Report dated April 24, 2020, there is the following note on page 8 that states:

Commercial Permits - Issued
Tesla - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations -
1795 NW St. Lucie West Blvd.

There is a discrepancy in the address.

Can you tell us where the construction is taking place in relation to the existing Supercharger charging terminals?

Thanks again.

Larry
The construction is to the right of the existing superchargers across from the moes and paint shop that’s there

Attachments

• 47B406EF-1339-4339-AFD0-B796184F40C7.jpeg
    47B406EF-1339-4339-AFD0-B796184F40C7.jpeg
    665.7 KB · Views: 56
Almost done!
Thanks for the photos, but it is doubtful that this expansion is almost done since we haven't seen any photos of the expansion of the Supercharger cabinets, etc. to power the new charging terminals.

Based on photos I have received from members and visitors to our club's website, it is possible that Tesla will be expanding the existing Supercharger enclosure or positioning new Supercharger cabinets and equipment to the left of the existing enclosure.

Port St. Lucie Supercharger undergoing an expansion (Public)

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
I highly doubt that
Hi Marco,

Why?

It looks like they are only installing an additional 6 charging terminals. If so, as you know, a version 3 Supercharger is good for 4 terminals each, so the math doesn't work out. Even if Tesla replaces the existing Superchargers for a total of 14 terminals the math still doesn't work. They need to install two more additional terminals to have the correct number of terminals to support the conclusion that this is a version 3 Supercharger. Right now there is no evidence to support that conclusion.

Larry

Hi Marco,

Why?

It looks like they are only installing an additional 6 charging terminals. If so, as you know, a version 3 Supercharger is good for 4 terminals each, so the math doesn't work out. Even if Tesla replaces the existing Superchargers for a total of 14 terminals the math still doesn't work. They need to install two more additional terminals to have the correct number of terminals to support the conclusion that this is a version 3 Supercharger. Right now there is no evidence to support that conclusion.

Larry
Almost all the V3 Superchargers on the Trans-Canada have only 6 stalls. Also, Tesla said that they wouldn’t be building any more V2 Supercharger

Almost all the V3 Superchargers on the Trans-Canada have only 6 stalls. Also, Tesla said that they wouldn’t be building any more V2 Supercharger
Hi Marco,

Thanks for your response. So how does that work? They install two Supercharger version 3 cabinets and waste two terminal positions and a half a megawatt of capacity?

Larry

Thanks for your response. So how does that work? They install two Supercharger version 3 cabinets and waste two terminal positions and a half a megawatt of capacity?
Yeah, they ran the conduit for all 8 stalls, but only installed the above ground charging posts for 6 of them. The other two are pre-run to support an eventual expansion to the full 8 stalls at some time in the future when the usage is high enough to really need the additional stalls.

• Informative
Reactions: Solarguy
EDIT to previous post: Just to be clear, I was explaining what Tesla did at many of the Trans-Canada Highway superchargers they finished last year. I don't know what they are doing at this location. If someone manages to get pictures of the equipment pad area showing the new conduit or any new cabinets, we'd probably be able to tell for sure.

Note: I'd have edited this into the previous post, but no longer have that option.