Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers at WaWa?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Growing up in South Jersey, Wawa is in my DNA. But after moving to Boston and now Connecticut, there isn't a Wawa to be found anywhere. The closest one is off the NJTP.

When Wawa expanded to Florida, where my brother and niece live (who both LOVE Wawa), it was a dagger to the heart.

And now they're adding Superchargers? When will the torture end?

Wawa, if you're reading this.. PLEASE expand into New England.

:)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Growing up in South Jersey, Wawa is in my DNA. But after moving to Boston and now Connecticut, there isn't a Wawa to be found anywhere. The closest one is off the NJTP turnpike.

When Wawa expanded to Florida, where my brother and niece live (who both LOVE Wawa), it was a dagger to the heart.

Having lived in VA for a while, I was there when WaWa invaded. Awesome place....the parking lots can get crazy at times....LOL

Only problem is, New England is Cumby's territory. That would start a turf war...and it didn't end well for Krispy Kreme when they showed up in Dunks' territory.

I haven't seen any announcements on this but the supercharger info site lists a new location in Pinellas Park, Fl 3101 Gandy Blvd. This is a large WaWa. Interesting development I think.
Thanks for the tip! We knew that one was coming to the area, but not the exact location of it. Tesla never officially announces new superchargers until well after they are open.

I started a thread in the Florida section with some pictures I took at lunchtime today.

Supercharger - Pinellas Park Wawa

The other chain we heard news in is RubyTuesday , there was an announcement about Tesla chargers going onto its sites nationwide but that was over a year ago.
We have a RubyTuesday here in Warrenton Va it's right on rt 29 and would make a great site.
I see some serious utility work on the site but it doesn't apppear to be for superchargers, though I did have my hopes up.
We have. WaWa too. Always have lots of power transformers in the lot you think it could be done.

Perhaps my letter wasn't in vain....

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 1.10.16 AM.png

Reactions: EV-Bull
Growing up in South Jersey, Wawa is in my DNA. But after moving to Boston and now Connecticut, there isn't a Wawa to be found anywhere. The closest one is off the NJTP.

I could use some Wawas out here in California. I grew up in Delaware, so I also have plenty of Wawa in my blood. I'll omit the story about when someone drew blood in the Wawa parking lot during my high school days.

Also: sorry for the 6 month feedback loop here.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I haven't seen any announcements on this but the supercharger info site lists a new location in Pinellas Park, Fl 3101 Gandy Blvd. This is a large WaWa. Interesting development I think.
Been there done that. I was driving to homecoming in VA and noticed a supercharger icon on my car while passing the Glen Allen location. I decided to check it out. WaWA Supercharger VA

Attachments

• IMG_1168.JPG
    IMG_1168.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 49