Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers being increased in Scotland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited family and friends in Scotland a couple of weeks ago. Used the Gretna supercharger before heading over to Hawick, tried to use the Edinburgh airport supercharger a few days later but of the two chargers one was busy and the other wasn’t working, then used the Eurocentral supercharger later that day, all good. So far I’ve had no need to use anything other than Tesla superchargers or home charging on all of my trips. No 3rd party chargers needed yet, that’ll come no doubt if I venture further.

Reactions: DaddyCool
The odd thing I find about the Gretna supercharger is that it is almost impossible to get ABetterRoutePlanner to plan a stop there! However much I try it gives me Abington, even if I want to head up the A701 through Moffat from the south, or it comes up with an Ionity charger at Gretna.

The odd thing I find about the Gretna supercharger is that it is almost impossible to get ABetterRoutePlanner to plan a stop there! However much I try it gives me Abington, even if I want to head up the A701 through Moffat from the south, or it comes up with an Ionity charger at Gretna.

Works as I'd expect for me...

upload_2020-2-14_9-12-4.png

Check what you have picked in the 'More settings' section...

upload_2020-2-14_9-13-58.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Roy W.
Skin so soft from Avon. Good midge repellent

Specifically the woodland fresh version. Not sure if that's still available though, or whether they might have changed the formula, so Smidge might be a safer bet nowadays.

Anyway, I see that there are superchargers due in Fort William and Inverness sometime in 2020. Anyone know roughly when they are likely?

Anyway, I see that there are superchargers due in Fort William and Inverness sometime in 2020. Anyone know roughly when they are likely?

Unfortunately they have been on the list for a while and when the year turned it changed from expected in 2019 to expected in 2020 ... so best we don't hold our breath. We could certainly do with some in the north west highlands especially.

Specifically the woodland fresh version. Not sure if that's still available though, or whether they might have changed the formula, so Smidge might be a safer bet nowadays.

Fort William site required new substation, which was completed a week ago. Any day now!

What's open in Aviemore at 7am? When I drive up the A9 I normally leave very early in the morning, and in my ICE car I would stop at Ralia which has 24 hour toilets and the cafe opens at 8 for a nice cup of tea. Sadly Ralia has no charger though!

Looking forward to making use of some of the new Scottish locations - we will definitely be doing a bit of a touring holiday from Pembrokeshire up to the Highlands, Islands and above Inverness either later this year or next.

Just don’t make Edinburgh supercharger an integral part of your planning - only 2 stalls and very very busy!
If you’re heading north via Edinburgh (A702) best to get a good charge at Abington then if Edinburgh is full you can get to Perth or Glasgow Eurocentral.