Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers - Cheaper Electricity out of hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s charging network in Europe just reached over 10,000 Superchargers—with more to come.

As we expand, we’re also working to offer more cost-effective charging options. Starting on October 11, we’re offering an overnight discount at specific charging locations, with new locations being added over the coming weeks.

When you charge during non-peak hours, you’ll get a lower rate while reducing pressure on your local energy grid.
Wonder what the savings will be and hours................ anything less than £1 seems a bargain at the moment!

E7ED36F4-B620-4529-B074-6BFF25DEA134.jpeg

Just got the same thing. Which ones and when would be nice to know….

Interesting wording. "Overnight" implies you can leave your car overnight with no idle fees, which is not the typical use case for a supercharger.
I didn't read that into it at all as it is clear that it is a discount on rates at non-peak hours which are overnight. Which words implied something else to you or that idle fees would not apply?

I didn't read that into it at all as it is clear that it is a discount on rates at non-peak hours which are overnight. Which words implied something else to you or that idle fees would not apply?
My bad, just looks like the usual peak/off-peak hours.

That said, you don't get charged idle fees if the supercharger is <50% full. I have left my car plugged in to Westfield late night while at the cinema, for example, and not been charged any fees since I was the only one using the supercharger. So you could do this, at your own risk of course - who knows if a whole fleet of Teslas randomly show up to charge at night :)