Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers - Cheaper Electricity out of hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do people recall as the cheapest they have ever paid, 21p Kw for me. Clearly free being best! Them were the days!

Free supercharging on my Raven MX while I have it so no intention to change it for a fair while! Couple that with 4.5p/kWh for 5 hours each night at home for the next 2 years (EDF fix) and you’ll understand why I get great delight from looking at my charge stats in the Tesla app!!

Yeah, it was a PodPoint 50kWh charger that delivered at 48kWh. I took 25kWh from it at 40p per kWh. Later that day I had to charge at a very busy Tebay. That never went higher than about 66kWh and I was charged 67p per kWh.
My only gripe with pod point is that they call the 50Kw chargers rapid, which is a 3rd of the speed of the eon one at a starbucks near me. Luckily that one is not as popular yet, they have hidden it well.

Did my first deliberate off-peak charge last night as the hotel has SC’s so plugged in after 10pm at 16% as I wanted to be at 95% for a long run today.

Bit surprised this morning to see the cost on the charging screen was a full price fill.

However on checking the invoice on my phone app it is at off peak rate! Hope that eases anybody else over “sticker shock” 😀